Frustrated

Options
My weight loss journey started in mid October. I was over 250lbs and had just planned a trip to a tropical location. Time to hit the gym and start eating right. the first 20lbs seemed like they feel off over night. I was watching what I ate, and running at the gym. When I hit 225 I found this site, and started logging, and absolutely loved it. Then the Christmas season came and I feasted with family and friends.

My lowest weight so far in the morning empty, was 208. Believe it or not my highest morning weight in the holiday season was 214. I'm still working my butt off in the gym, and eating clean again but very frustrated.

Did anyone else have temp set backs like me this Christmas. I'm a little frustrated.

I have one month to go before the trip and would love to hit 200lbs by then.

Replies

• Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Stay focus. Try to eat healthier and get in some exercise. You'll reach your goal! :) Congrats on the progress so far.

Jarnard
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same to you, how long did it take you to lose the weight that you lost. Did it get tougher the closer you got to your goal?
  • anniiiilicious
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat... Lost almost 10 pounds in 10 days... but gained about half that back over the holidays.. It's hard but now that we can get back into the swing of things, the weight loss should start again. What we gained hopefully isnt stored as fat yet... It's just sitting around and waiting to be burned. (that's how I picture it anyways) :) Just don't get discouraged!! Be proud of all that you've done. So far, your progress is amazing!!!
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got the app last spring, struggled on my own. Joined WW in the fall. Ugh - could not get into the program changes and had lousy leaders. So, quit WW and came back to the MFP app. BUT I am def looking at the community for support this time. I need support.

Q: what do you set your daily cal goal at for weight loss? Last year I just did 2000 (default) and aimed to eat under. This time I set it at 1500 and aim to meet it, plus earn exercise cals.
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I started at 234 and got down to 204. Over the holidays, I crept back up to 208 (which is where I hit a plateau before, and never wanted to see that number again!):grumble: UGH It is frustrating, but I know that it happened because of foolish choices I have been making, and all that is going to change now! Time to get back into the swing of things, and continue right where we left off before all of this Holiday nonsense! :glasses:
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Super pimped scale read 206 this morning. Screw you Christmas dinners!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    only one tip... don't lie to yourself about how well you are eating. Its a trap too many food trackers fall into. No matter what you log on your tracker, your body keeps a MORE accurate journal.

Not that YOU have a problem with this at all, just - thats the best way I know to tighten things up and aim for a goal once I get close.
    SQUEAKY CLEAN eating.

Good luck.
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After every holiday or vacation I seem to go off track and put on at least 4lbs! But you just have to get back into the zone and find the motivation to continue! Congrats for the weight losss thus far! Keep it up!
  • KellyLin62
    Options
    I got pnemonia in sept was sick til feb was on steroids and gained 15 pounds! feel so frustrated then found this site! every day is a new day count every bite be aware...more aware....til new habits are normal routine! hang in there! don't give up!!!
  • RebekahDarker
    Options
    Good job this far.