Is Green Tea an acquired taste?

Options
I am trying to drink a hot cup of green tea this morning. I know it's a good thing, but honestly, it tastes like grass to me. Lemon helped. Does it grow on you over time?

Replies

• jgskinny
    jgskinny Posts: 15
    Options
    I cant stand hot tea's! Or flavored! Wish i could choke them down but not happening!
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drink it although I don't like it. Try adding cinnamon to it to mask the taste a bit.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    yes it is. get some of the flavored green teas, lipton makes some.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes! I believe so, i only like it if i sweeten it up! But thats defeating the purpose i guess...i am not a fan of green tea...red however, bring it on!
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just take Green Tea extract pills and drink a nice cold glass of water.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Makes me gag and want to vomit.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Just take Green Tea extract pills and drink a nice cold glass of water.

^^ What I do, they are not expensive and perfect since I don't like teas.
  • stephiejones
    Options
    Yes its an acquired taste, i can't drink it hot, i ice it down and drink it fast...:drinker:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, why are you drinking it?
  • smurfettel64
    smurfettel64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You might want to try some of the flavored ones. I used to drink the cold stuff, which seems better to me. I used to drink alot of the Arizona teas.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i think so...how long are you steeping it as well...really should only be 2 or 3 minutes or the taste gets bitter...i tend to like some of the flavoured ones best like mint green or lemon :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me some tea! :tongue:
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like it with blueberry that is good or other fruit teas. I have started drinking those instead of ordinary tea.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Kirkland green tea with matcha from Amazon. My favorite so far.

Yes, I'd say it's an acquired taste.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    Try loose leaf teas, Teavana has a website that you can buy it, it's more expensive but they have tons of varieties and flavors, perhapse you should try white teas for now. They have a youthberry wild orange blossom white tea that is to die for! and it comes with german rock sugar in it so it's just a tad bit sweet and not bitter at all.

Also the way you are brewing it could make the taste off....Maybe it's being steeped for too long. No more than 2 minutes.
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    I've been drinking a couple cups daily for a few months now. I'm still not a fan, but it's easier to drink then it was. I drink it unsweetened and let it cool down a little bit and then drink it in one or two swigs.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I get a cranberry or pomegranate flavored Green Tea (Twinings & Yogi make them I believe). I couldn't choke down straight green tea if you paid me handsomely! LOL
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I've tried a variety of Green Tea brands. I find that Bigelow is not as harsh as some of the rest.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I know this is off topic but green tea ice cream is awsome, maybe try it on a cheat day...
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I drink the Lipton Green Tea with Superfruit. Has Acai and blueberries. I don't need to add anything else to it.