7 Days a Week

Options
Anyone else do cardio at least seven days a week? Yes, I understand the lack of logic in that question. I pretty much do cardio every day. Minimum is the 20 minute mark. Some days, especially weekends when I have more time, I do 2-3 different cardio workouts. After years of being on and off the exercise wagon, I have found that I do better if I don't give myself a day off. When I take a day off, I'm more likely to give up altogether. So, I'm doing something every day. Will I retard my progress? Can I overtrain this way? I do have a couple of light days each week, where I'm just doing 20-25 minutes on the elliptical, and that's it.

Replies

• leeannweir
    Options
    I am jealous and motivated. I am not qualified to answer whether or not you can over train doing what you are doing, with the exception of a lot of reading of Runner's World which would indicated that you can work out everyday as long as you cross train and have a couple of easy days. You sound like you know what you are doing; keep doing it!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Help! don't let me sink into invisibility! I want some feedback here!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    bump de bump
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean about the day off putting you off track. How about 5 days of cardio and two days of hardcore strength training (instead of circuits). Maintaining and building lean muscle mass is important for weight loss too. I also feel like my cardio (jogging) is improving because my dumbbell squats and lunges are strengthening the muscles in my legs and butt.