This is what 40 lbs looks like. (lots of pics)

Options
cerrajean
cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
I thought a different kind of ‘success story’ might be nice, so here are a few every-day representations of how much weight I’ve shed to date – 40lbs, with some help frm Google and their image search.

5 gallons of Almond Butter:
Food.jpg

This beautiful chair:
medallion-armchair-227711.jpg

Large bag of water-softening salt
bag_0.jpg

This super awesome Celestron Telescope
omnixlt127.jpg

These awesome light fixtures:
283.jpg
295.jpg

Star Dart carnival midway game:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU_YHJowI4Kr47TrpUv19n_nxnF0wxKep1nOOoG-5kc5oCDZFTmpZulDxCYA

A kindergartener:
4-kindergartener-dont-lg.jpg

Large bag of ax-E-Glo™ Stabilized Rice Bran *horse feed* Dimensions: 24 in × 18 in × 6 in
img9657120med.jpg

Giant fish:
foto5-artikel4-raymondpeters.jpg

Five 8 lb bowling balls:
zombie_head_bowling_balls_2-590x383.jpg?cb5e28

And last but not least:
progress4r.jpg
me.jpg?t=1331223086

Anyway, you get the idea. It’s amazing to thing that I was carrying this much weight on my body CONSTANTLY every single day. How much have you lost? What’s it look like? Feel free to post pictures too!

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, and congratulations! You look great!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow girl you look soo beautiful congrats on your weight loss..by the way you are rocking that pink:flowerforyou: dress!!!!
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome!
  • SeeDianaRun
    Options
    You just made my day! That was both hilarious and inspiring. And congrats on your loss. You are rocking that pink dress!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love this post! And keep up the great work! You look awesome!
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    Best post EVER. You look great! Keep up the good work!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • kbuelo
    kbuelo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to look at it! Congrats on your weight loss - you look great! (:
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Its funny you posted a picture of a common carp! My boyfriend is a carp angler and I went with him last week, I currently stand at 17.5 pounds lost since starting out (before starting MFP too) and he caught a carp that was just short of 19lb...i held it in the sling whilst it was weighed and jeeeez!!! I've lost nearly the same as that fish and didn't I know I was holding it!!! Amazing really, just how much we accomplish, numbers are numbers but actually being able to see or feel the weight is something else! xx
  • DivaCat
    DivaCat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Incredible Success! Congrats! May I ask, how did you maintain your focus and stay disciplined to lose the weight? I can't seem to stay on track for more than a few weeks, at best.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Wonderful job! Loved your pictures too. I sometimes think people don't realize what the extra weight equivalents out to. You look fantastic! Keep it up girl!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really like the almond butter - I keep thinking about what I would look like with that slathered all over me. About what I looked like 40lbs ago I guess. Just more almondy....

You look great!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Well done
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wooohoooo! YOu go girl! You are rocking the hot dress! Congrats!
  • witzy21
    witzy21 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great post! Such an interesting idea.... and good work, too!!
  • smurfettel64
    smurfettel64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats to you!!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great. :flowerforyou:
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Incredible Success! Congrats! May I ask, how did you maintain your focus and stay disciplined to lose the weight? I can't seem to stay on track for more than a few weeks, at best.

Divacat -- I feel that the number one tool to keep people on track is motivational friends and a strong support system. If you have that motivation in place, you'll see such an improvement in your journey. Feel free to add if you want support/advice/motivation!
  • kraz4fun
    kraz4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Those comparison photos and random pics sure do put it into perspective! Congrats on your progress. You look great! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • shirleycurles
    Options
    Awesome post - totally inspirational (I'm nearly there but getting bogged down at 37lbs) and you look mint!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!