You carry it WHERE?

Options
Hey ya'll I've got a weird one for ya. So yes I'm overweight, duh. My problem is that not only does it show in my *kitten*, thighs, arms, and face, but all my stomach fat is carried straight out in front of me. Most days I look 9 months pregnant again!!

It may sound odd, but that's the part that bothers me the most. I can handle showing the fat everywhere else, I know how to work it off. But this stomach thing creeps me out. I spend 90% of my day sucking in my stomach, by the end of the day I hurt physically.

I suppose my question is this: how do I work off that part? I cannot even do a single sit-up or ab crunch properly because I can only lift up about 3-4 inches before my stomach pushes itself into the way, knocking me back down!

Replies

• Belloli
    Belloli Posts: 13
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he was talking about using Safflower Oil to bust belly fat. Don't know if it works.
    Also their are other ab workouts that don't include sit-up or ab crunches. Look on you tube for some good ab workout ideas. hth
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    maybe you have a distended stomach??...

no P.H.D here btw...lol
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    Me too. My stomach, and my hips don't seem to want to budge. I've read that you can't spot reduce though, so we just have to keep trying to lose weight and eventually it should go away.
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My tummy is the opposite. It folds. I have 2 large rolls and handle bars to match. My two year old (who doesn't know better) is amazed I can hide my belly button when I sit down. From watching my husband loose weight, I can say cardio works best. Slim down with diet and cardio then focus on sit ups and stuff that will tone.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do you have a swiss ball? One thing I've found that works my abs very well is lying on my back, holding the ball between my feet/calves, and lifting it up in the air and back down w/ out letting the ball touch the floor. I do 2 sets of 15, and, BOY, HOWDY, do my stomach muscles burn afterward! It's great because, when you're lying on your back, gravity works with you to keep your belly fat out of the way. Planking is also good for that. There are several planking positions you can try. Just do a web search for "body planking exercises images" to get some illustrations. Also, you might want to invest in a good colon cleansing system. Alot of that belly could be bloating from sludge that has built up on the wall of your intestines from years of bad eating habits. Also, how long have you been actively trying to lose weight. Some of that could be fat that's built up on your internal organs. Sometimes it takes a month or two of healthy eating and exercise for your body to flush the fat from your organs. Be sure to drink plenty of water, too, as water is a cleansing agent for our organs.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ugh, same problem. It's just where I carry the most body fat. My strategy to lose the body fat though moderate calorie reduction and heavy lifting.