Nike+

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there knows how accurate the Nike+ is at calculation calories burned?

Thanks

228288.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    The calories are pretty accurate because its about 100 calories a mile.... I wouldn't count on it completely but since I got a heart rate monitor it is pretty close to it but it also depends on your weight. Have fun, I love the nike plus!

~Leash :heart:
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    How about distance and speed? Anyone know how accurate those are? I love mine and use it all the time but I have been curious about the accuracy.
  • bobathy1
    bobathy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    distance and speed depend on it being calibrated right. when you got the sensor, it should've came with a book that shows you how to calibrate it. If you find a distance exactly a mile and walk it while calibrating, it should be accurate. Speed is based off of how long it takes you go go a certain distance, so that can only be as accurate as the distance. Hope this helps.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Yup, you need to calibrate it. Although, I haven't calibrated mine but I ran with someone who did and mine was right on so they are pretty accurate without calibrating although it is still suggested...

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    what is a nike+
  • VballLeash
    Options
    nike plus is a system for running and walking that connects to your shoes and your ipod. It tracks your mileage, pace, and calories burned. They have ones that are like watches too if you don't wear an ipod when you run. The the whole thing is really cool and fun!