NSV Check-in

Options
dlyeates
dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
I don't know if it's the weather, the fact that spring is coming or (worse) that summer will be here soon but so many people are getting hung up on the scale and the numbers!!! Let's remember that this is a journey to getting healthy and that the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. So let's share our NSVs and celebrate the other victories!!!

1. My co-workers are noticing that I'm losing weight.
2. I can now run 30+ minutes at a time @ 4.9 and have the desire to do it.
3. My resting heart rate has dropped from the mid 80's to the upper 60s/lower 70s!!!
4. I can fit into "L" jammies and workout clothes and not have them be tight!!! (just bought a "M" as a goal pair of pants--on clearance).
5. Have become a frequent shopper at Savers because I can't afford to buy smaller pants every 4-6 weeks at full price.

So celebrate with me and share yours. It's your turn to brag because your hard work is paying off!!!

Replies

• arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I realized this morning that I can see my hip bones when I'm laying in bed. :):)
  • SeeDianaRun
    Options
    (First post!)

I just finished day 3 of the 30 Day Shred, even though I thought there was no way I could make it through. I've been using MFP for a week and a half and I feel better than I have for a loooong time.
  • dlyeates
    Options
    (First post!)

I just finished day 3 of the 30 Day Shred, even though I thought there was no way I could make it through. I've been using MFP for a week and a half and I feel better than I have for a loooong time.

Welcome and congrats!!!! 30 DS kicked my butt but I finished it and was so proud. You are doing awesome!!!
  • Lucy_Alice
    Options
    My resting heart rate has dropped to around 50.
    Never thought I'd get excited about a change in my heart rate (:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I actually have 3 from this morning!

I had an 8:00 meeting at a French Bakery (really?! who does that?!?!). Meant I couldn't work out after dropping kids off which usually translates into no workout. Also meant I missed my zumba class-sad.

Here are the NSV"s
    1. As I stood in line to get coffee, I had to keep wiping the drool off case after case of yummy looking treats. I said to myself " you know, a normal person would just order that roll" but then I thought of how many calorie were in it, how long I'd have to workout to fit it in and most importantly how eating sugar first thing causes me to crave it all day long. So I passed and just ordered plain coffee (not even a Latte!)

2. My friend sat down next to me, cut her chocolate croissant in half and said "here eat half". I looked at it and said "no thanks" and pushed it back towards her.

3. I went home after the meeting because I had some phone calls to make rather than going to the gym. Uh oh, not good. But after I made my phone calls, I went upstairs, broke out my zumba DVD and did that for an hour until I had burned a certain number of calories.

I have the other usual ones about compliments, liking to shop now because I'm happy with my body, actually liking vegetables but I was so proud of myself this morning that I made 3 really good choices in a row!!!
  • darcialarosa
    darcialarosa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    (First post. HI!)

1. Yesterday I completed day 1 of Couch to 5K on the treadmill with no problems. In fact, I think I might skip ahead to week 2...I didn't realize how in shape the elliptical has made me!
    2. When stretching, I usually feel my tummy and gauge how much is sticking up over my hip bones. Last night, I realized my tummy was flat! I laughed at myself, getting excited that my tummy was flat when lying on the ground. ;)
    3. Ate a no-carb dinner which meant I was hungry again by 9pm, but I didn't listen to my growling tummy and just drank water. That was so hard! I HATE being hungry!

That's all...thanks for letting me get those out there! Also, thanks OP for your words...I forget that so many times! I have and will always weigh heavier than I look, so I'm gonna focus on how I look and feel and not on the stupid scale.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I totally didn't think to post this in a separate post, but I had a HUGE NSV this weekend. I completed my first half marathon. When I started the training I wanted to die after a mile and half and now I just did 13?? Holy snot.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    Yesterday I finished Week 9 Day 3 C25K.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Noticed today that some of my work clothes are too big but co-workers are going to have to deal with a baggy butt :laugh: because I'm not going to buy new clothes until my clothes are actually falling off me. :wink: I can't afford it.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 1.2 miles around a pond....... before I couldnt get past a 4th of it because of I have neuropathy and fibromyalgia and I was too scared to push myself.. afraid I wouldnt make it back to my car.... now its game on..
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    eeek NSV! almost lost my wedding ring in the shower today!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First Post!

I am consumed by the scale....but trying to break that addiction!

Had my first NSV yesterday....I had just come home from a long day at work. Not feeling pretty, in my scrubs (I'm a Medical Asst) and my husband was in the garage. As I was walking towards him, he said "Wow! You look thin!" I almost cried. I'm far from thin, but stil....
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This is happening to me too! Need do something about that but don't want to get it sized....YET!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I pulled my skinny work pants out of the back of the closet this morning. They fit and I'm not spilling out of them! Good thing because all my other work clothes were in the dirty laundry pile :)
  • darcialarosa
    darcialarosa Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This is happening to me too! Need do something about that but don't want to get it sized....YET!

Until you want to get them resized, dental floss or medical tape works! I need to do this soon!
  • dlyeates
    Options
    Yesterday I finished Week 9 Day 3 C25K.

Congrats!!! I finished last Thursday and somewhere in there turned into a runner and actually look forward to my runs!!!
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!

My NSV:

1. I ran yesterday for the first time in 10 years! Only did it for 6 mins (doing the couch to 5k plan day 1)
    2. Put on a pair of pants I gave my sister (younger sister) last december b/c I hadnt been able to wear them in over a year and they are loose on my and I have to keep pulling em up :)
    3. My boss told me today he's proud of what I'm doing and to keep it up!
    4. My personal trainer told me to pick a 5k and he'd run it with me! - blew my mind!
  • Milletp
    Milletp Posts: 81
    Options
    Co-workers invited me to have pizza in the other office. My second favorite food after burgers. Not that I couldn't have some if i counted it. I put two large pieces on a paper plate and covered it with another paper plate, stapled it shut to take home to my boyfriend. Funny thing is I have no desire for it, at least not today.
  • helpmelose2011
    Options
    I totally didn't think to post this in a separate post, but I had a HUGE NSV this weekend. I completed my first half marathon. When I started the training I wanted to die after a mile and half and now I just did 13?? Holy snot.

WTG!!!!!
  • helpmelose2011
    Options
    (First post. HI!)

1. Yesterday I completed day 1 of Couch to 5K on the treadmill with no problems. In fact, I think I might skip ahead to week 2...I didn't realize how in shape the elliptical has made me!
    2. When stretching, I usually feel my tummy and gauge how much is sticking up over my hip bones. Last night, I realized my tummy was flat! I laughed at myself, getting excited that my tummy was flat when lying on the ground. ;)
    3. Ate a no-carb dinner which meant I was hungry again by 9pm, but I didn't listen to my growling tummy and just drank water. That was so hard! I HATE being hungry!

That's all...thanks for letting me get those out there! Also, thanks OP for your words...I forget that so many times! I have and will always weigh heavier than I look, so I'm gonna focus on how I look and feel and not on the stupid scale.

WTG!! I just started the couch to 5k yesterday too but I'm not skipping ahead I actually might be on the first week for a few weeks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!