Reached my goal size!

Options
I am so excited because I have reached my goal size but not my goal weight yet. I still have 12 lbs to reach my goal weight and now I am thinking I could probably go a little lower in pant size! Last July I realized my size 18s were getting tight and had to buy size 20. It was very depressing. I didn't know my weight because I never got on a scale. I was completely surprised when I did get on the scale and realized I had went over 200 lbs weighing in at 206. I started slowly going for 30 min walks and increased to an hour and then started working on walking faster. I didn't really change what I was eating just how much I was eating. I started eating normal portions and such. Now 8 months later I am down to 152 lbs and just this week got into size 10! My eating habits have improved and since joining MFP almost 2 months ago have started working on eating more nutritional foods. I am trying to stay away from boxed foods and other easy pop in the oven foods. I am making more homemade foods and using spices and such for flavor. I try to keep substitutes in the house for those crazy cravings. I love sweets so I keep stuff like frozen yogurt and skinny cow chocolates stocked. For chips I really love the special K chip crackers! Especially the sour cream and onion. I get 27 chips per serving so I feel as if I am getting quite a lot for the little calories. I exercise almost every day. I sometimes will take 1 day off for rest but I have come to love running and miss it when I don't get to. I bought a new treadmill last month and LOVE it! It has IFIt built in and I get it free for a year and I have been doing Jillian Michaels workouts that right now are 30 min long and have lots of incline and decline. I also map out routes such as Hawaii for my longer runs. I am now running 4 miles a day. I've discovered that at night if I get on the treadmill after dinner and speed walk for 3 miles I don't get any late night cravings for snacks. I believe that every one is different when it comes to losing weight and if you can find what works for you it will be so much easier. It's also important to pick exercises that you enjoy or you will talk yourself out of doing it. I continue to push myself when things get to easy. My next goal is to be able to run a 10K and who knows, maybe a marathon is in the future. My goal size is 140 and now that I am so close I am thinking I might shoot for another 5 lbs when I get there but I am just focusing on my original goal for now! The first few months were hard because I didn't see a lot of progress but I kept telling myself in a year I wouldn't regret it and I haven't!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you--you're a WINNER with a capital W!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Very motivating :flowerforyou:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! Congrats on your accomplishment :)
  • dmw1493
    dmw1493 Posts: 25
    Options
    thank you so much for your story! it's really inspiring to me, because i had a very close start weight, but i'm only 2 months into my journey- so i haven't come as far yet. i hope i've made as much progress as you six months from now! :) great job!
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm 168 and also wearing a 10 -- which makes me think you can probably fit into an 8! Depending on brand! You go, girl!!
  • ErinDawn11
    Options
    You make me so happy! And make me realize it is possible! Your goal weight is just about the same as mine! Thank you for your inspirational story. By the way, I love the cracker chips as well! It replaces potatoe chips :) Keep it up girly and CONGRATS!!
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your story! it's really inspiring to me, because i had a very close start weight, but i'm only 2 months into my journey- so i haven't come as far yet. i hope i've made as much progress as you six months from now! :) great job!

Thanks! Keep it up! Just believe in yourself and keep your eye on the goal! If you get to a point where your work out seems easy then give it a little oomph! I believe if I don't feel like I'm working hard I'm not doing it right! You can get there!
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 168 and also wearing a 10 -- which makes me think you can probably fit into an 8! Depending on brand! You go, girl!!

I think if I would get into an 8 I would cry! I haven't been that small in over 20 years! I'm only 5' 4 and tend to carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs, and butt. Apparently it runs in the family! :-)
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Thanks for the inspiration....
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up :)
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!!!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! Way to go!! Thank you for sharing your story and what has helped you!! Keep up the motivation and the good work!
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I AM SO INSPIRED!!!!!!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome :)
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is what I call a true lifestyle change! I've been at it (seriously) for two months so I hope to have a report like this in the next few months as well. Congratulations!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. Funny, I didn't really think I was getting big when I outgrew size 6, size 8, size 10, size 12, size 14 or size 16. I just thought "oh well" and kept on. But when I outgrew size 18 I panicked. Didn't want to go to the next size so I was very limited on what I could wear. Now my 16s are loose enough that I can put my workout clothes underneath and can still breathe. :happy: I gave away all of my 14s, but I believe I am close enough to maybe go to the store to try them
    Thank you for your story and your encouragement to me to keep on trying.
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!:drinker: YOU INSPIRE ME!!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Sunshine! That's an amazing accomplishment!!! Thanks for laying out trek to good health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!