Zumba Shoes Recomendation

Options
I have been attending zumba classes since January, and Love it..but my knees are starting to bother me...I bought the Nike Musique and totally feel the difference in my pivot turns and the traction is perfect..but because my foot is wide, and they are all leather after 3rd song I had to take them off....any suggestions? My daughter says I should try Jazz Shoes..anybody out there that has had this experience or that where Jazz Shoes?? thanks!

Replies

• ANutter84
    Options
    I've found shoes specifically for Zumba on E-Bay. Might look there
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the Reebok RealFlex shoes....they have a mesh or leather version, I personally prefer the mesh. I love them and give me so much flexibility! Reeboks are definitely better for wide feet as they are cut more generously than Nike's.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Jazz shoes have no impact protection, get some decent cross trainers :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    You can try jazz shoes since Zumba is a dance. I just wear my normal running shoes though
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance 871's I use just for Zumba on a daily basis. They're amazing, lightweight, and easy to move in!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got the zumba shoes they sell on their site. Pricey but so much better. i was wearing running sneakers and my feet were killing me after 3 songs. Now my feet don't hurt at all. I only use them for zumba though so they don't wear out. I wore them once on the eliptical and my feet hurt so it's running shoes for the machines and zumba shoes for zumba. My husband got the puma reality ones and he says they are wonderful.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I use dance shoes (Ryka). They are very flexible and allow me to twist about more easily than my Asic running shoes do.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem last year. I now have Asic Gel Enduro's. The bottom of the shoe has the best pivot point I have found in any corss trainer. They are also gel so they are really good for my heel pain as well. I love love love them and will never wear another gym shoe to zumba. There were days that I could barely walk after a zumba class.
    They also sell slip ons for shoes as well. They go up towards the toe so you can pivot and slide easier. I made my own out of nylon fabric when taking classes on carpet or on turf (for different benefits).

Good luck!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I would also pay attention to your knees going over your toes when you do those dance squats etc. :) Form is key.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I personally use my running shoes with a knee brace and don't have an issue.
    The idea of ebay-ing Zumba shoes does sound good though.
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As a former dancer, I wouldn't do jazz shoes or really any dance shoes. They're designed more for function (a good "line", balance of traction and ease for turns, ect) than they are for support... they're pretty insubstantial, even the sneaker styles. :-) I use running shoes and do fine with my bad knee, but it might be worth it to look into mesh cross trainers.
  • ElizBald
    ElizBald Posts: 20
    Options
    Agree Rebok's are better for those of us with wide feet.
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love the Reebok Zigs for Zumba. I'm an Instructor and wear them all the time. I have the Reebok Reflex but they don't support as well as the Zig Tech's do for me. Inserts are a definate must also. I got some at Lady Foot Locker specifically for knees and lower back.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Bump!
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I love the Reebok Reezig's and mine just wore out so just switched to a new pair they didn't have a Reebok that i liked so i went with New Balance Toning this time and i'm wearing them for the first time tonight. i look for traction and stability as some guidelines but i also watch my form.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have some Champions that are uber flexible that I use. Best way to go- flexible!!
  • VeLAbby
    VeLAbby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that Imput..I will definatly have reebok in mind when I return my Musique's ..I definatly have a wider foot so need that extra comfort.thanks again!
  • crysy1
    crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use sketchers tone ups "run" shoes. very lightweight very flexible lots of cushion and they breathe very well.. they have this heart shaped tread in the middle of the front that works great for pivots. i have a pair of sketchers "energy" shoes i use for normal walking and stuff...i save my tone up ones for zumba and working out (and no they are not the ones that have the rounded heal thingy for toning while walking.

http://www.skechers.com/info/run-women

love love love them and would buy another set in a heartbeat. oh and i weigh 300 lbs so they have alot of weight riden on em and they are comfy!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was told that any shoe that has a circular pattern on the bottoms are good for all the pivots....Me personally I wear the Nike Musique..those work great.