Tea time!

Options
I've recently gotten back into tea in a big way. And my how it's changed over the tears. So many varieties, so many accessories, loose leaf is easier to find than ever before.

I adore flower teas, herbal teas, but try to avoid classic tea leaves due to the caffeine content.

Is anyone else really into tea?

What are your favorite shops and brands? Online retailers?

Any favorite accessories like teapots, double-walled glasses, tea-infusing travel mugs?

Personally, I love a local tea importer called MEM Imports (http://memteaimports.com/) that many of our local cafes use. On the mainstream side, I've been testing out teas from Republic of Tea, Might Leaf, Rishi and Tea Forte.

I usually buy at Whole Foods or in the gourmet food section at Marshalls/TJMaxx. I'm always looking for recommendations though, and want to invest in a travel mug and loose leaf infusing teapot/cups. I just haven't found the perfect items. Would love to discuss.

The best part about the herbal tea drinking is that it's keeping me hydrated throughout the day, which helps me stay on track and makes for a nice break from plain water.

Replies

• megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea. My favorite at the moment is Aveda's Comforting tea. It's naturally sweet and calming, caffeine-free. It's a bit on the pricey side, but I've heard of people finding out the ingredients on Google and making their own loose-leaf version with bulk herbs.

I recommend Teavana as a place to buy really good tea and tea blends! My favorite of theirs is a Chai-Mate mix, but they always have samples to try. They also have fancy tea makers and accessories.
  • Fitdiva83
    Fitdiva83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love any kind of mint tea w/ honey. :drinker:
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Aveda like the hair products? I have to get more Be Curly in a week or two, so if they sell it at the salons too then I'll grab some! How exciting. I wonder if it's Aveda tea that they serve customers while they wait. It's always this amazing mint tea with a sweet aftertaste. I never thought to even ask!

If not at the salon, I'll go to the Aveda store....which is in the same mall as two Teavanas. I always walked past and never stopped. I was thinking about checking them out for a double-walled glass infusing teapot. :D

Thanks Meg!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm so obsessed with tea, I actually started selling it part time in order to support my habit! Loose leaf tea ALL the way (I'm kind of a snob that way), and any questions you have, fire away!

There are so many options, it would be impossible for me to choose a favorite...

I DO love any kind of loose leaf fruit tea steeped cold in the fridge, and then I use it to make natural iced tea sweetened with a bit of Stevia or honey.

Rooibos (au naturel or flavored varieties) is EXCELLENT for women in that it's got a ton of iron, it's naturally caffeine-free, and is great hot or cold ...

I seriously have about 50 different varieties and flavors stored in my sewing room closet, so every day it's like Christmas in choosing what to drink for the day! And now I'm off for some tea, now that you've got me thinking about it :)
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Aveda like the hair products? I have to get more Be Curly in a week or two, so if they sell it at the salons too then I'll grab some! How exciting. I wonder if it's Aveda tea that they serve customers while they wait. It's always this amazing mint tea with a sweet aftertaste. I never thought to even ask!

If not at the salon, I'll go to the Aveda store....which is in the same mall as two Teavanas. I always walked past and never stopped. I was thinking about checking them out for a double-walled glass infusing teapot. :D

Thanks Meg!

They do sell it right in their salons - in bag and loose leaf forms. It's the same tea they serve you while you wait :D So amazing for when you can't get rid of a sweet tooth...

Definitely check out Teavana!
  • klybarger3
    Options
    I am also a tea lover. I live on the east coast of Florida and I have a small quaint tea shop about 30 miles away in Vero Beach. I order on-line but my favorite thing is to make a day of it by driving down a picturesque section of Highway US 1 along the St. John's intercoastal. Of course, I have to have a pot while I'm there! The place is called Tea and Chi and you can visit them on their website www.teaandchi.com

My favorite is a black tea called Glasgow Gold (will curl your eyelashes) that I limit to 1-2 cups per day and they have a great selection of rooibos (red) teas. I also get straight up peppermint to make tea with for after dinner/before bedtime.

Only use loose teas now because the tea bags always left a disturbing little film on the top of my tea - not sure what was up with that but doesn't happen with the infusers.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump :) i love hot cinnamon/spice teas with almond milk and stevia :) perfect to curb night time cravings!
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to tea!
    I will have up to 7 cups a day.
    But i only have it 1 way..

Pg tips, or something similar.
    3 sugars (sweeteners instead now).
    And milk!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love tea.
    I drink regular tea, Jasmine tea, Green tea and Earl Gray tea. :D

I have an awesome selection of mugs too! :D Hah.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The Republic of Tea - The People's Green Tea! 2-3 cups a day with Truvia as the sweetner.
  • mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    I've recently discovered genmaicha (green tea with roasted brown rice). It's my new favorite. I've always been a HUGE fan of chai, mint, jasmine...I love tea in general.
  • stormdancer
    stormdancer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't do coffee at all. Tea for me! But I like the caffeine.

A maker of both caffeinated and herbal teas is here http://www.harney.com/

and I know and ADORE one of theirs in particular, a black tea called 'Paris' and its
    so naturally sweet that it needs little if any extra sweetener.

Here's the link for that one.
    http://www.harney.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=3820&category=0&secondary=930
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped drinking coffee and ALL drinks with processed sugars and all caffeine. But recently, I started drinking Aveda Comfort tea mixed with Yogi healthy fasting tea, because I get cold sometimes and the teas seem to warm me up. I LOVE this combination, it's delicious and no sugars nor caffeine in any of them!