30 Day Shred opinions?

Options

Replies

• amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can find Level 1 on You Tube to check it out before you buy it. I am on Day 4 of level 2 and I have already seen a big difference in my belly (last week when I measured I had lost almost 2 inches just from doing level 1!). It's a fast 20 minutes, but very effective. I couldn't do the push ups in the beginning, but I can now do all of them :)
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    we did level one for a week or so then moved to level 2- how long are you supposed to be on each level?

It's a 30 day shred and there are three levels..

You should be doing each level for 10 days before moving on.
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have tried level one. It is a good workout and you can definitely feel the effects. My only complaint is that there is a lot of jumping which for me is hard on my knees. If you don't have any knee (or shoulder issues), I would say to go for it.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The scale has been stuck for a while for me so I started the 30 day shred 20 days ago. I like it so much that bought the DVD, tired of sharing it with the in-laws.

I started doing level 1 twice a day (on day 10) before I went to level 2 (day 14.) After two weeks, I lost 4.8 pounds!!! The change up in exercising must have been what I needed.

I've been doing level 1, resting for a while and then doing level 2, daily.
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been debating buying and starting the 30 Day Shred DVD. I don't have a problem getting to the gym and staying activie but I need to mix things up. I hear great things about it but I wanted everyone's opinion.

Thanks! I'm looking for more friends on here to inspire me so please request me as your friend!
    GET IT!!!! It's great.....the actual workout is 20 min, but w/ warm up & cool down it is 28 minutes. I have done it a few diff times... when things need revamping... BUT..... definitely measure all body parts.... each time I have done it, have not seen major weight loss, but def. toning.... I am actually going to try, after the 1st 30 days, to keep going as a daily regimin... but my body also really needs it's cardio... so i am walking 3-8 miles a day in addition to this, lunchtime 3.0 miles, after dinner 4.0 and a 1.0 mile walk for break @ work.... hoping the combo will really help both toning & weight loss.... we'll see how this time around goes!! GOOD LUCK, I tell everyone.... you'll Love to hate jillian Michaels 'cause she kicks your butt LOL...
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm on level two now, but I do not do it every day. I do other DVD's or run on alternative days. I really like level 2 more than 1. Do it you will have no regrets!!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have been debating buying and starting the 30 Day Shred DVD. I don't have a problem getting to the gym and staying activie but I need to mix things up. I hear great things about it but I wanted everyone's opinion.

Thanks! I'm looking for more friends on here to inspire me so please request me as your friend!
    GET IT!!!! It's great.....the actual workout is 20 min, but w/ warm up & cool down it is 28 minutes. I have done it a few diff times... when things need revamping... BUT..... definitely measure all body parts.... each time I have done it, have not seen major weight loss, but def. toning.... I am actually going to try, after the 1st 30 days, to keep going as a daily regimin... but my body also really needs it's cardio... so i am walking 3-8 miles a day in addition to this, lunchtime 3.0 miles, after dinner 4.0 and a 1.0 mile walk for break @ work.... hoping the combo will really help both toning & weight loss.... we'll see how this time around goes!! GOOD LUCK, I tell everyone.... you'll Love to hate jillian Michaels 'cause she kicks your butt LOL...

I need cardio too! Thought i would suggest her banish fat boost metabolim, i felt it was more cardio then others!
  • sldwells
    sldwells Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you want to try it out before you buy it its on you tube. I have just been doing it from you tube, im not gonna buy it! Ive only done it 3 days and I feel I can see a difference!! The results I see on here from other people doing it are amazing and thats what motivated me to do it!!! Good luck!! And I will add you as a friend, we all need some motivation!!!!
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I need cardio too! Thought i would suggest her banish fat boost metabolim, i felt it was more cardio then others!
    +
    what's this banish fat boost metabolism that you speak of LOL.... please let me in on your secret :wink:
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you do warm up cool down plus work out its 27 minutes. I like it but love banish fat boost metabolism:)
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I stared the 30ds on March 1st. After the 5th day i had already lost 4 inches off my body and gained some serious strength! I highly recommend this to everyone!
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I highly reccommend it as well. It's a great video and the length is perfect.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's amazing. It works. You won't regret it!!
  • susanne01
    Options
    30 day shred? Please tell me what it is, where do I get it and how much does it cost? I am just starting and would like to know more about what everyone is doing. Thank you:)
    :wink:
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a question before I go out and by this dvd. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which means I have joint issues. Now I do walk everyday for at least 3 miles. I also have a job where I am on my feet all day very physical job lots of lifting and stuff. I really try not to let the RA limit me. Do you think someone with joint issues could do this dvd or would it be to difficult?

I think its pretty hard on the knees, especially. There are a lot of jumps and side lunges, etc. There is always a modification or beginning move though incase you are having trouble or pain. There is a website with modifications, I think its on the shredheads.com website - you could google it and find it. I did it for 30 days twice and it definitely builds muscle and sheds fat. I like ripped in 30 better, but I think ripped in 30 is a lot harder.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I bought it last week, it's supposed to be delivered to my house by tomorrow! I'm starting it tuesday with a group of girls on here that bought it as well :) Extra motivation!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Free option. www.Bodyrock.tv even if you want to do the Shred or any of the other videos, I would check out the workouts they have there.
  • mindy71183
    Options
    I loved the Shred! It's hard and you will love/hate Jillian, but it's so worth it in the end! I lost weight and inches doing it last year, I need to get more motivated and start it again! Good luck, add me as a friend and maybe we can start together.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If a dumbell curl aggravates your RA, I don't recommend it, but if you can do a dumbell curl comfortably then go for it. You will also need to be able to hold the weights out infront you out eye level...maybe 3lb weights to start with.

Or start with no weights and work your way up. I have absolutely NO upper body strength and had to go purchase 1 and 2 lb weights LOL I can do 5lb bicep curls but keep it at 3 or under for everything else.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I have a question before I go out and by this dvd. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which means I have joint issues. Now I do walk everyday for at least 3 miles. I also have a job where I am on my feet all day very physical job lots of lifting and stuff. I really try not to let the RA limit me. Do you think someone with joint issues could do this dvd or would it be to difficult?

I would not suggest this for you. I think water exercises are better for you than anything else.