Weight loss is taking soooo long

Options
Am getting slightly disheartened at the moment. Its like my body doesn't want to lose the weight. Ive increased physical activity and lower calorie intake but ive only lost 4lb in two weeks???

Am I missing something??? I do about 3 x 20 workouts a week and down to 1200 cals a day...

but feels like I'm hitting a brick wall...

:((

Is there actually any point if Im alwys gonna be this size...(5"2 and 63kg)

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Surely you're not serious?

2 lbs a week is GREAT and you'll be lucky to keep that up.

Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    You need to give it more time than that. And 2lbs a week is more than mot people on here are losing haha. That's what I wanted to lose and I've only managed 1lb in 3 weeks, doing twice the exercise you are!! Be patient, put away the scales, and record your stats instead - waist, hips. thighs etc, then measure yourself again in a couple of weeks. You will see changes trust me :)
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    4lb in two weeks is great! It's better for your skin if you don't go above a 2lb a week loss.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    4lbs in two weeks is great!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Considering that you don't have a lot of weight to lose, 2 pounds per week is amazing progress! For most in your situation (and mine, for that matter), half a pound per week is the average weight loss. I think we're all so used to seeing results on those reality shows, we forget that normal folks just don't lose like that. First, your not obese. Second, you don't have a personal trainer and a specifically stocked fridge (or Subway) available to you.

Be proud of how well you're doing and stop being so hard on yourself!!
  • Milliew1981
    Options
    Thank you guys...
    I think because I lost alot of weight (the WRONG way) a few years ago...I just expected it to fall off again..

Your right, These things take time I guess
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You are right on track. Be patient. You didn't gain in it two weeks and you can't loose in that quickly, in a healthy permanent way.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible to eat too few calories and go into "starvation mode." So, maybe adjust your goals to 1lb or .5kg a week and see what happens...

I actually had a period where I GAINED 4 lbs in 2 weeks and I was eating right on target and exercising 4 - 6 times a week (up to 60 min of cardio). I figured out that the issues for me were: stress, medical thing, and adjusting to adding weights (fluid retention).

I actually increased my calorie intake (medical thing) and after another week to 10 days started dropping the weight. Now I'm currently losing faster than the projected 1lb/week my calorie goals are set at.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've lost one pound in over two weeks. I'm fine with that. The longer I take to lose it, the better my chances of keeping it off.

Take your time and love yourself!
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are not on the biggest loser. 2lbs a week is also at the top end of what a female can lose. Just trust in the process and stay the course.