Where should I put my tattoo?

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I never really treated myself to anything when I met my weight loss goal, even though that was a HUGE accomplishment, and I was thinking of getting a new tattoo as a birthday gift to myself next month.

I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique, and I was thinking that I wanted another symbol, but this one would be for "perseverance"
25300.gif

Now the question is - where do I get it?

I'd like it to be somewhere I can cover up but also show off if I want to.

Ideas?

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    In the hip area near the vajaja. Not sure what that part of the body is called. But when you were a bikini you will make the boys melt with it there

:happy:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I never really treated myself to anything when I met my weight loss goal, even though that was a HUGE accomplishment, and I was thinking of getting a new tattoo as a birthday gift to myself next month.

I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique, and I was thinking that I wanted another symbol, but this one would be for "perseverance"
    25300.gif

Now the question is - where do I get it?

I'd like it to be somewhere I can cover up but also show off if I want to.

Ideas?

Behind your ear? On your nape? Wrist? Hip bone? Behind your ankle?
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    In the hip area near the vajaja. Not sure what that part of the body is called. But when you were a bikini you will make the boys melt with it there

Bikini line?
    That's what I've always called it.

I agree with the bikini line.
    Either that or on the back/side of your thigh. Kinda by your butt, but not quite there :p
  • BreakingJen
    Options
    If you dont have an idea as to where you want the tattoo placed... then you are not ready to get the tattoo. It show uncertainty. Go to a tattoo shop, have them make you a stencil and place it in different areas of your body. Then you can look at all the stencil marks to help you decide.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i got my first tattoo on the inside of my right ankle.....
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

This is where mine is....and I love it :bigsmile:

To hell with the boys....:wink:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    In between your shooulder blades?

Or ribcage! :)
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options

This or you hip.

Personally I am getting mine on the inside of my wrist.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love the nape of the neck. I wanted my first tattoo to go there, but the owner said that I should probably put it in a more discrete place just to make sure that I like it. So, we did my bottom back. DH and I am going to get more this weekend!! :bigsmile:
    Behind your ear? On your nape? Wrist? Hip bone? Behind your ankle?
    YES!!!
  • srhula
    srhula Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I got one over New Years weekend in Key West... it's on my left hip and i love it.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My next one is gonna be Kanji and it's going on my nutsack
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i just got my first tattoo. : ) i put it behind my right ear because i always have my hair down so it is hidden at work. but at the gym i feel awesome putting my hair up and showing it off hehe
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    oooo top of foot, or the hip area or wrist,

my next one is a dragonfly (they symbolize change, and it will be on my foot, with the year I met my best friend, 1990, she will have a matching one, silly maybe, but sentimental to us)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    the one I chose is close to that one and I say wrist or on top of the foot off to the side/
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Don't put it where you can't see it. You spent the money so put it where you can see it. I made that mistake.
  • FainJ
    FainJ Posts: 25
    Options
    OK, I'll delete my opinion....:tongue:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My next one is gonna be Kanji and it's going on my nutsack

OH yippie can we all watch
  • hugsmindy
    hugsmindy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have three tats. One of an angel (on my ankle), one of the Green M&M girl with hot red boots (on my hip), and one of a cherry blossom with a humming bird and the number 26.2 (along my entire side). My favorite site is my side. It's easy to show others, but no one gets to know its there unless I'm in a bikini or I show them. :-) Also doesn't show when I need to dress in a formal gown for work...that's important.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique

Your right breast may be special, but is it unique? Look a little to the left...whatcha got over there? I'm guessing it's got a very similar sister. ;)

Congrats on your loss, BTW! Fantastic job!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My first one was on my inner wrist, I can show it if I want and I can hide it if I want. its not huge or anything a lotus with some numbers under it.

good places inner wrist, ankle, front of your shoulder/collar bone area - I have one there and you can only see it when I want you too, top of your foot maybe? It really depends on how big you want it.

You seem like a pretty modest person and I think putting it on the nape of your neck or behind your ear is fine but to cover those your hair has to be worn in a specific way and if you ever want to cut your hair short it may pose as a problem professionally speaking.

When I am not 100% sure where I want something I get a permenant marker and trace it on that area, that way it will fade/wash off in time and if I hate it in that area I can always move it until I find a place I like