Where should I put my tattoo?

Options

Replies

• hugsmindy
    hugsmindy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have three tats. One of an angel (on my ankle), one of the Green M&M girl with hot red boots (on my hip), and one of a cherry blossom with a humming bird and the number 26.2 (along my entire side). My favorite site is my side. It's easy to show others, but no one gets to know its there unless I'm in a bikini or I show them. :-) Also doesn't show when I need to dress in a formal gown for work...that's important.
    Oh, I should add that the one that was killer painful was also the side!!!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I adore little tattoos like that on shoulder blades.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Don't put it where you can't see it. You spent the money so put it where you can see it. I made that mistake.

Or dont put it where you see it everyday, you may get sick of it in 10 years.

Edit to add I think it would look nice on your shoulder.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have the chinese symbol for "hope" on the back of my neck. I like the inside wrist idea or lower ankle for a tattoo that size.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    This won't be popular on this thread, but...don't get another one! Everybody has one or ten these days. I'm kinda sick of seeing them. Be unique and stay ink free. (in your case, be more ink free).

why would you even post on here? she didnt ask for opinions about if she should get it, she was looking for ideas on where she should get it.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    <----likes the spot in the middle of the upper back!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    This won't be popular on this thread, but...don't get another one! Everybody has one or ten these days. I'm kinda sick of seeing them. Be unique and stay ink free. (in your case, be more ink free).

...really? She shouldn't get a tattoo because *you* are sick of seeing them? What an odd opinion to add to this thread, especially considering she already has one.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Mine is on my ankle. I want another when I reach my goal. I'm going to have it done on my back, up by my right shoulder blade. Or the nape of my neck. Either way I can cover with shirt or hair down, but show when I want to.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'd put it right on one of your lovely muscles you worked so hard for, perhaps a shoulder blade?
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got my first one on the back of my left shoulder, my ex said that you see a line of ladies at a bar and majority of us have tattoo's on our shoulders and he said it looked like we'd been stamped. Didn't care what he said as I love it - I have however just expanded as the only part of my body I (currently) like is my back, I've now had the original tattoo reflected on the other shoulder and 5 flower heads and swirly lines linking everything together, it's fab, it also sticks up out of the top of clothes as it goes to almost my hairline!! Also have one base of my back and on my right ankle!!

I do like the bikini line idea though - maybe once I get one of those I might have another 1!!! But also agree with the person who said that if you've not decided where to have it then maybe you're not quite ready for it yet! the Stencil idea is a good one too!!
  • Kellidwhite
    Options
    I have mine on the inside of my wrist but it means "monkey". :) I love it.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I put all mine in discreet areas...both wrists ( I wear bracelets or long sleeves and no one knows), top of my foot, back of my neck, the top of my back and lower middle back. So nobody knows I have any unless I want to show them :)

Good luck and congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I have one very similar on the back of my neck.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hip or on the top of your foot.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique

Your right breast may be special, but is it unique? Look a little to the left...whatcha got over there? I'm guessing it's got a very similar sister. ;)

Congrats on your loss, BTW! Fantastic job!
    Nope, it's unique. I actually named the "girls" - the left one has scars on it, so it's called Freddy. The right one, which has the tattoo (which is *sort of* like a mask) is Jason.
    They're unique
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the chinese symbol for "Bring to Justice" on the inside of the wrist. It's not overt and in your face, but it's not covered up either and I love that! I have 3 others that are mostly covered so I like this one the best (others are left ankle, right hip,left shoulder) Enjoy your reward! Also, I agree with the person who said if you aren't sure, have the artist make several stencils to try in different spots.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique

Your right breast may be special, but is it unique? Look a little to the left...whatcha got over there? I'm guessing it's got a very similar sister. ;)

Congrats on your loss, BTW! Fantastic job!
    Nope, it's unique. I actually named the "girls" - the left one has scars on it, so it's called Freddy. The right one, which has the tattoo (which is *sort of* like a mask) is Jason.
    They're unique

:laugh: :laugh:
    Outstanding!!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've always been envious of people who put the tattoo on their neck "under" their hair. I think it's awesome looking and you can hide it if you need to, I've just always been too afraid to get one there! LOL
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Back of neck is pretty as You can hide it with hair :)

Otherwise, i think ankle!

http://www.bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/my-tattoos/
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have one on my hip in the front like near the bone, one on my side down by my hip, one on my side on my rib cage, and one on my shoulder blade. If I get another, it will be on my outer thigh, like the region on your side that's covered if you wore some tighty-whities lol

I vowed to only get tattoos in my mid section from now on, places that only show in bikinis or when I want them to, like with crop tops. Because my shoulder one shows too often, anytime I'm at an event where I wear a dress that is a tank top or sleeveless, it shows. I don't mind explaining to everyone that I'm nerdy enough to have a tattoo of DNA or what the latin means, but sometimes it gets old. I'd rather have them just appreciate it and move on haha.

Double check with someone who knows the language that that symbol means perseverance before you get the tattoo!! For example I have a tattoo that's in latin, but I know it means what it means because it's the motto of a top university, and I trust they know what they're talking about lol