okay, who else has a ridiculous amount of workout clothes?

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
i am going to lunch with a friend and then off to the gym for a quick run before picking my boys up from school. so i was packing a gym bag ...and i realized that i have way too many 'fitness outfits'. lol. i have summer workout clothes, spring/fall workout clothes, and winter workout clothes. they take up the bottom 2 drawers in my dresser and overflow into a laundry basket. (the laundry basket is full). and i have 4 outfits in the laundry needing to be washed.

i was mentally going through it and there were 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts that i don't seem to wear but i use everything else. and i have a couple new items for triathlon training that i want to purchase for 2013. i wish i could pack up seasonal items, but it seems i use them out of the correct season all the time.

can i get a shoutout from my other fitness outfit hoarders? :) should we form a support group? haha.

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely with you on this. Dri-fit shirts, sports bras, pants, jackets, compression tights, tank tops ... I even have 3 pairs of lifting gloves. I moved about a month ago and should've gotten rid of most of them, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because I was mentally calculating how much money I'd spent on all of it. Kill me.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I don't have tons of stuff but probably enough to not buy for awhile.

I have one pair of $100 running shoes.

TWO pairs of $100-150 hiking shoes, one water proof the other not.

3-4 pairs of Nike shorts.

2 pairs of running tight capris from Nike.

2 running jackets... one light one with no hood and another hooded for colder time from Nike.

4 Dri-Fit running shirts from Nike size medium.

4 OTHER Dri-Fit shirts from Nike that are large so I can't wear. :(

4 regular guy's medium T shirts from Nike that I don't wear.

2 really expensive Dri-Fit work out capris from Nike.

3 Nike sports bras.

2 pairs of cheap but awesome black work out pants from Target.

One pair of cotton capris from Target I never wear and should probably throw away as they are so thin.

And a Nike hat that was too small so I just have it laying around. Will probably give to my sister.

So I'm probably a bit ridiculous but really enjoy the stuff and it helps with confidence at the gym!

This is nothing though compared to money dumped in my regular clothes which I don't talk about haha. Just too embarrassing I guess but I like to buy clothes.
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I am starting to build up a "work- out" clothes wardrobe myself. Yoga pants, workout capris, workout tanks, workout tshirts, hrm, fit bit, tennis shoes.0
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I work in a place that allows t-shirts for casual dress, so I own four dresser shelves full and three drawers full of nothing but t-shirts that I wear to work and then to workout when work has Zumba or Tai-Pi-Yo. Also have 10 pair of shorts, three pair of sweats pants, a pair of dri-fit running pants, and four pair of running shoes that I alternate thru.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I definitely fall into this category! My workout clothes take up a good 1/3 of my closet...not to mention that my dresser drawers are filled with t-shirts from races. But I like bright colors and I like to match when I workout, I think if I was okay with the generic black shorts, I'd be fine. But no, I have to be picky and have light blue shorts with a coral stripe, then buy the coral shirt to match. It's getting quite ridiculous!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    But no, I have to be picky and have light blue shorts with a coral stripe, then buy the coral shirt to match.

i know! i buy a cute running skirt in pumpkin or mint, thinking that i will just wear a generic white shirt with it, but then i get it and the color is so great that i have to buy the matching top too. hahaha. craziness!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is when I realized my lifestyle was truly changed: I own more gym clothes than bar clothes. And I am a gym "outfit" girl too. I like to feel put together and coordinated, even when I just workout at home.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Not I!

I was actually thinking about how bad I need to get some new work out gear.
    All of my shorts are way too baggy now. They all sag in the butt (not attractive) or I have to tie them extra tight. One pair I fold down twice.
    I don't like wearing baggy t-shirts to the gym anymore. I will wear roomy type of tees or fitted tops.

I do have plenty of ankle socks! :laugh:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have my own dedicated workout clothes chest of drawers. It's a small one. I tuck it in our walk in closet. The top drawer is shorts - swimming, biking, running, just shorts. The middle drawer is shirts, most of which are race shirts. OMG are there a bunch. The bottom drawer is winter stuff. Anything cold weather oriented. I have a completely separate drawer for all my wicking socks in my regular chest of drawers. It's stuffed.

Funny, but that's life.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Yoga-type pants and martial arts t-shirts from training camps and tournaments seem to take up a lot of my drawer space as well!
    And not too long ago, my local Wal-Mart had Danskin shorts on sale for $1. I could not resist loading up on those. :tongue:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Same.. my best friend is a Manager a Lulu Lemon and gets a great discount. How am I to refuse that?? lol
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    this is me to a tee! i have 3 stack able bins of workout clothes. 4 diff workout jackets. sport bras/ tanks i counted the other day 20 pairs of nike running shorts (i like the colors.. lol). plus then all the t shirts. i noticed 2 years ago when i started working at 24 hour fitness i went on a first shoe binge buying any cute new color running shoe i could get my hands on then i became more excited to buy workout clothes then regular clothes.

and i thought it was just me ! :D
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I have a completely separate drawer for all my wicking socks in my regular chest of drawers. It's stuffed.

i want a whole drawer for my wicking socks! *wah, pout* :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have a huge drawer full of work-out clothes...the drawer will no longer close because it's so full. :tongue: Admittedly, when t-shirts get a stain on them, or fade too much, or get too big, I use them as work-out t-shirts, since I don't care if they get damaged any further.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Old Navy dry fit stuff. It's cheap and been holding up great.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    Lulu Lemon fanatic....I have alot of workout clothes too!
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    I don't have a lot of workout clothes..2 sweats and a few shirts. that's it. But I am starting to get a sneaker collection. (outdoor running, treadmill, elliptical, bike, walking, etc....)
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have a completely separate drawer for all my wicking socks in my regular chest of drawers. It's stuffed.

i want a whole drawer for my wicking socks! *wah, pout* :)

Twice a year - Christmas and Father's Day - each family member (3 daughters 1 wife) give me sock guy socks. They fill a drawer. I've got everything from flying pigs to sharks to cheese, to pirates. I love my sock guy socks. But they now need their own drawer.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I have to many workout clothes...I have a tub full of them in my bedroom...and I have a closet room with 2 drawers full....It is one of the first thing I do when i got to a department store like TjMax.... Believe in matching when I workout, home, gym, outdoors....Crazy!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Lots of work out clothes...I even find I have to match when I'm working out at home!! REALLY who's going to see me!!