Down 33 pounds in the last 3 months

Options
I am happy. I started really getting serious about my weight about a month and a half ago. I was down 17 pounds in the last 4 months. I started out at 414 pounds and am now 381. I owe it all to this site. I find it hard to cheat knowing that I have to input what I eat into my phone. I love this site and owe alot to it. My goal is to get to 300lbs by the end of the year, and then down in the 220-250lb range. Lots of work to do. However it feels possible.

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Great for you! You CAN do this NO PROBLEM. You can probably lose more than that by the end of the year but thats an awesome goal!
  • Flsportsfan83
    Options
    I just wonder how hard it gets, you always hear of people that plateau.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just wonder how hard it gets, you always hear of people that plateau.

Just like poop, plateaus will happen. When it does, you'll face it head on and get lots of advice to deal with it. Decide now that a plateau is not going to stop you from becoming healthy.
  • morena58
    morena58 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am proud of you! I know you can do it. I too just started about a week ago, and having to write everything I eat really helps me to be conscious of what I eat. I want to be very honest and write everything I eat. Because if I cheat, I will only be cheating myself.
    I am losing inches as we speak. My next goal is to exercise more. I am sure you can do anything you set your mind to do. Keep on going no matter how tough or the going gets, knowing that at the end you will get the reward.
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Great job taking care of YOU!!!!!
  • kevin_d77
    kevin_d77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job buddy!!! I thought this site was amazing and the minute I knew you were serious about trying, I knew this place was for you! Only one other of my friends are using this site, but they arent as serious as you and I! I will always be cheering you on buddy! Youve done great so far and will continue to rock this! Better to get healthy now while you can before its too late!

For me, 5'-8", started out 196 and I am currently down to 179.5. We started a biggest loser contest at work for highest % of body weight lost. That started my motivation, found this site which continued my motivation and 2 weeks ago I bought the Fitbit which helps continue my motivation! My original goal was 175 but I think 170 is do-able and I will take it from there!

Flsportsfan is a good dude and is well worthy of all of our support! Keep doing it buddy!
  • Flsportsfan83
    Options
    Thanks Kev,
    I really thought it would be harder than it is, I love the fact that you have to write everything down that you eat. I love weighing myself every am and seeing atleast a half pound gone, granted it is easier for me to drop bigger numbers because I have a lot more to lose. I think my goal of 100 pounds by Christmas is in reach.
  • armywifeandmom
    armywifeandmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wtg! :smile:
    I just started my weight loss journey...I think this site is cool too!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am happy. I started really getting serious about my weight about a month and a half ago. I was down 17 pounds in the last 4 months. I started out at 414 pounds and am now 381. I owe it all to this site. I find it hard to cheat knowing that I have to input what I eat into my phone. I love this site and owe alot to it. My goal is to get to 300lbs by the end of the year, and then down in the 220-250lb range. Lots of work to do. However it feels possible.

Let me make a mild correction.

You don't owe it all to this site. That's like a carpenter saying he owes the house he built to his hammer.

This site is a tool. YOU did the work. YOU ate better. YOU exercised. YOU got dedicated to changing your health.

It is important to realize that YOU have all the power to make things better.

Congratulations.
  • wish3s
    wish3s Posts: 14
    Options
    GO BULLS!

Lol, sorry, had to post that. By the way that is awesome! Keep up the great work. I have no doubt you will get to your goal. :)
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't it great...to be held accountable by something/someone?! I know it definitely helps me stay in-check! Great job on the loss thus far...keep going! :)
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done! The positive attitude and determination you have will see you get your goal! I too am 33lb down and hoping to hit 100 by Christmas, there is no reason why not!
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are such an encouragement. Keep up the good work...
  • torriesummers
    torriesummers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!! 33lbs in 3 months is amazing progress, and as you get more active I am sure the weight will fall off even faster! Great job!!!!!! (insert about 500 more exclamation marks here...)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Isn't is EMPOWERING?!!?! :D You can do it!! You are well on your way!! Hooray and good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!