NSV...I finally conquered MYSELF!!

Options
So today was a very HUGE personal NSV! I am a very emotional/stress eater and when things get hard, I always turn to food because I honestly love food and it makes me feel better if only for a few minutes. I have been trying very hard to break this habit and today I had a VERY VERY bad day. It was so bad that I was to the point of tears and nausea...and my initial thought was, "that's it! I'm getting pizza and breadsticks tonight and I'm gonna pig out. I don't care if I gain weight, blah blah blah" I sat there for a while just thinking...arguing with myself I guess...I finally decided that I did NOT need food and it would NOT make me feel any better. It would make me feel worse for doing that to my body for all the wrong reasons. So I made some delicious turkey burgers with turkey bacon and avocado with baked zucchini fries. It was healthy and so satisfying and I feel freaking AMAZING having conquered my self sabotaging tendencies today. I already knew this time around was different, but today was just complete confirmation that I am truly changing on the inside for the better and have control of this. "I" am in control! And surprisingly enough, I was able to let go of a lot of the stress from earlier. I just feel so good right now and am going to try to exercise the rest of the stress away in a bit. Yea me!!

For those of you who do not know me...
I have been on here for about a year and a half. I started at 233, went down to 205 and went back up to 234.8...I just couldn't stay consistent, was burning myself out by being so obsessive and meticulous when I was counting, and just honestly hadn't gotten into the psychological reasons for getting fat at all because I couldn't figure it out. I still haven't really figured it out, but somehow something just clicked and I am in control this time around. I am not counting my calories because I decided I need to lose the weight in a way I can continue into maintenance without effort. I have no intention of counting and measuring and weighing for the rest of my life after reaching my goal weight so it just wasn't feeling like a real lifestyle change...it still felt like a temporary (but long) diet. So now I am eating healthy whole unprocessed foods as much as possible and watching portion sizes. That's it for my diet. I eat what I want and when there is a birthday party. I have some pizza and cake and I still lost a pound that week! ;) I'm burning a minimum of 500 calories 6 days per week and strive for at least 10 cups of water. That's it! It's only been 2.5 weeks, but so far it's working really well for me! Thanks for reading my story and success for today! :D

Replies

• stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    good for you! :smile:
  • annamariemourin
    Options
    That's a BIG step! And AWESOME!! :) I struggle with that a lot myself, I haven't quite conquered that habit.. Add me if you want! :)
  • Hatedabears
    Hatedabears Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. I turn to food too during stress. So difficult to fight. one battle for you.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Thanks! It's definitely a HARD battle to win!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Stress eating or emotional eating is very hard to overcome and so glad you were able to rationalize things out! Keep persevering! :)
  • missmikhail
    Options
    That is SO fantastic and inspirational to hear! Keep up that great way of thinking and self-talk! That is something that is SO hard for me also, and though I've just recently started turning to food hardcore in boredom and stress, it is RAPIDLY taking a toll on my body. Please keep sharing your stories about overcoming "yourself" (I like the way you put that, b/c i always can talk myself into a horrible unhealthy meal/snack as well)!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    That's fantastic! I can relate--winning the battle against yourself is more difficult than losing any amount of weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!