New at this

Options
Hi my name is Jen. I am new at this and not sure what I am doing.... I am up for meeting new people and need some support.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. If you have any questions just log on and ask, someone is always here. You could also enter a question in the search section above or check the blogs. Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!

I have been using MFP for about a year now, and while my numbers don't reflect it, it really is a great tool! You'll grow to love it. Feel free to add me:)
  • macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen! Welcome and good luck. The people here are pretty awesome. Add me if you like.
    Cheers!
  • echandle12
    Options
    Hi Jen, Feel free to add me. I have been on here since November and love it.
  • defor5050
    defor5050 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi I an new to this as well my name is Jackie, does anyone know how many calories to put in for a hour zumba class on the excercise bit thanks
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hiya and Welcome.
  • Hi I have been using this site just over 2 weeks and I have found it so helpful I have lost 10lbs in that time! Good Luck and feel free to add me.
  • misrical
    Options
    defor--if you have the funds a good heart rate monitor is an awesome tool to use while exercising.
    someone that is say 300lbs will have a different result than someone that is 100lbs.

I use the Polar FT7 and I found that I was over estimating my calories most times before I had my HRM.
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Wish I could answer the Zumba question but I can't--you can search the boards--someone will know. Either of you newbies can add me--I seem to be on here every day! :happy:
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you've come to the right place!

feel free to add me :)
  • jward0706
    jward0706 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jen also and I have done calorie counting for a long time here to help if u need something u cans do it!
  • Angela74106
    Options
    Hi I'm Angela I'm new to this too my doctor suggested this website. Im tired if being over weight and tired all time. I have a 10 month old and a ten year old and I want to be able to enjoy plsying with them without being exhausted! I would love to meet people that feels the same as I do and need advice on cooking healthier for my family without have to give up taste.
  • misrical
    Options
    Angela---Skinnytaste.com is a great website for finding recipes, give it a look, my gf makes dinners from there all the time and they are all good.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me if you want.

L
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Add me if you want!!!
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I an new to this as well my name is Jackie, does anyone know how many calories to put in for a hour zumba class on the excercise bit thanks

Where I do my Zumba class they say 430 calories.
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello there, im new to this aswell but im finding its brilliant for motivating me :) good luck with the weightloss x
  • sjflem
    sjflem Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I use Zumba Wii and a moderate full class of 62 minutes is 630 calories.
  • Angela74106
    Options
    Thanks Misrical that's gonna be a big help with eating healthier.
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have found a great place! Feel free to add me if you want, cheers