Suggestions for Coffee?

Options
I am an occasional coffee drinker...and in said coffee, I normally use Splenda. It tastes fine and such, but I'm trying to cut out the fake sweeteners. I don't mind real sugar, but can anyone suggest any other natural sweeteners?

Drinking it black isn't an option, because I hate it. I know that's as natural as it gets, but there's no need in being miserable. :laugh:

Thanks!

Replies

• michelle42676
    michelle42676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stevia is a good, natural sweetener. It's much sweeter than sugar, so start with a little and slowly increase until you've got the sweetness level you want.
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have been using Truvia (stevia) in mine. I tried other brands but they had a aftertaste but the truvia doesn't.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Stevia all the way! There's different varieties... some flavored etc, but it's most def the best option. That or raw sugar of course... but count the calories if you go with sugar. :drinker: <-- mugs full of coffee! Mmm....
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    how about hunny. Its natural and very sweet so you would'nt even need very much of it to sweet'n your coffee
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    There aren't that many calories in a tsp of sugar - I always use regular sugar or honey if I sweeten lemonade or tea - just use a little bit and log it in - if you only usse it on occasion it won't add up to that much - :glasses:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stevia. However, I found that I prefer no sweetener after I got off it all together.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    whats the hang up with sugar?
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options

My prob with sugar is that one teaspoon isn't all that sweet (to my broken tastebuds :laugh: )

I did buy the Stevia on my last TJ's run though, and two thumbs up here! :drinker: :drinker:
  • npkarem
    npkarem Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been using "stevia" powder for several years. Can be found on line and/or Whole Foods Mkt, etc.
    It's a white powder made from the stevia plant. Just a tiny amount is needed, too much results in a bitter taste.
    Nick
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Nothing really, I actually used a little bit in my coffee today. Just wanted some other suggestions.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I just bought organic maple flakes at the health food store. yumm:bigsmile:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Sugar is empty calories. It raises insulin levels, depresses the immune system and promotes fat storage.
    http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/is-sugar-bad-for-you.htm
  • aariel22
    aariel22 Posts: 37
    Options
    Try agave nectar. They sell it at trader joes. Its also good for mojitos!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options

Sugar is empty calories. It raises insulin levels, depresses the immune system and promotes fat storage.
    http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/is-sugar-bad-for-you.htm

in what quantities?
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    AGAVE NECTAR! YUM!!!!