P90 X questions

Options
Im about to start the px90 on monday...and Im super excited about it, I hear its AMAZING! Anyone doing it and loving it? My question is how imortant is it for you to follow the diet they recomend for you? It just looks very confusing and a lot of work. If I eat healthy and follow the excercises would that be enough? I'm excited to start the workout and I have no problem commiting to that. But that food situation is just confusing me! haha I just dont wanna put all the effort into the excerscises if not following the meal plan is just going to cancel it out! Thanks for any input :)

Replies

• lkp24
    lkp24 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there! Thought I would post to your question. It is important that you follow the guide if you want even better results. Make sure that you are eating enough. It's a tough, yet Awesome workout. If you need help with the meals, let me know.

Laura
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I followed the meal plan they suggest and the first few days I felt I was eating sooooo much!! But like Laura says, you will get better results if you follow it. You will still get good results eating healthy but make sure you are "feeding the machine"!!! LMAO You will definitely need it!!
  • paula45870
    Options
    Congratulations on starting P90X! I am just finishing the Slim in 6 set and am the most toned I've ever been! Are you signed up at teambeachbody.com? Do it! It's free, and you get assigned a personal trainer who can give you straight advice on everything from the diet to the details of the workout. My trainer is so nice and supportive. I email him weekly regarding my progress, questions about eating, etc.. I find the Team Beachbody website to be an invaluable companion to the Beachbody DVDs. Good luck to you!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Nutrition makes up about 70% of your results, no matter what fitness program you are using. Follow the nutrition guide; it's part of the program for a reason. You can set your goals here in MFP to go along with the nutrition phases. Eat between 1600-1800 calories a day if you are trying to lose weight. The workouts are tough, and your body needs the fuel.

I also highly recommend following the Classic version. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you build, the more fat your body will burn 24/7. Lift heavy, in the 8-10 rep range. Don't worry about getting bulky; women don't have the testosterone to make it happen.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat at least the calories you calculate with the nutrition guide. I found that I did better when I ate more than just the "exercise calories" we normally log on MFP.

That first phase is a lot easier if you can find some protein shakes that work for you. When your appetite improves, just swap out some of the shakes for real food and vice versa.

These days I lose about twice as fast as MFP says I should which is the beauty of the X; fuel your muscles and they will treat you well! :bigsmile:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    The program is the real deal.
  • jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks for all the input advice! The nutrition part just seems so hard! But if thats what is takes to get the results I guess Ill just have to suck it up. Its just that im such a picky eater that it is hard to follow a set guidelines of food I can eat. I can stay in a certain calorie range.
  • n8tveca
    n8tveca Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had trouble following the Recipes etc in the guide. MFP was the savior for me. By logging my food here I was able to keep my nutrition in line.

I also highly recommend the classic version. Just do more reps and lower weight if you want the tone non bulk look. Tony will tell you this over and over during the videos.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yea, I just used MFP and added foods as the micronutrients allowed (but I let those go over or under by 10-15g every now and then).