Fat girl in a swimsuit

Options
So today I went swimming and after two hours doing weighted jogging a guy stopped and asked me if I did this everyday. Nope I said I usually do the treadmill for two hours a day. (Today was my lazy day) At this comment the guy, the lifeguard, and a few other people looked at me and said "NO WAY I can't even do that" I felt amazing. Just because your fat doesn't mean your out of shape. So I wanna give props to everyone who is struggling to work out in their over sized bodies. I hope you all feel as good about yourself as I did today!

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    :happy:
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV!!!! I know that had to feel good!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Great post!:heart:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    WOOT!!! Awesome :drinker:

I will blast you for calling yourself Fat. No more, hot momma!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    love it, I may weight what I weigh but I can run and play with the best of them for sure. Be proud.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great job! Even though I'm still "fat", each day I feel like I am getting stronger and healthier. My endurance is the best it's been since I was a young teenager....I think I can even out run my brother who is one of those skinny "fat" people lol

Keep up the good work!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's great! Glad you had that feeling.

I, too, do not feel as fat as I am when I'm working out. It is a GREAT feeling! :)
  • TeraJo
    TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's great!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Love this! Sometimes it is hard to remember. Thanks and keep up the great work!
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So today I went swimming and after two hours doing weighted jogging a guy stopped and asked me if I did this everyday. Nope I said I usually do the treadmill for two hours a day. (Today was my lazy day) At this comment the guy, the lifeguard, and a few other people looked at me and said "NO WAY I can't even do that" I felt amazing. Just because your fat doesn't mean your out of shape. So I wanna give props to everyone who is struggling to work out in their over sized bodies. I hope you all feel as good about yourself as I did today!

Great job! Swimming is such a great cardio work out and you use muscles you never work in the gym. Awesome job!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Great job. Be careful about the weighted jogging, I read somewhere that it can be tough on your joints. It may throw your pace off in slight ways you don't notice and make you more prone to injury. It would suck to be working hard and get sidelined by an injury. Take care.
  • spudman1232
    Options
    AMEN!!! Thanks for the thought. I always wonder what those who see me in the gym every single day are thinking as I start before them on the treadmill or bike and end after them. I know when I tell people I work out 5 times a week they think "ya right"
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • pinkrjae
    pinkrjae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I so agree and feel the same way! I may look unhealthy or lazy because of my size, but I build more and more stamina and endurance everyday that I exercise and push myself! I'm pretty sure I can outrun many of the healthy looking 'skinny' people.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Great job!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    thats awesome!!! i kind of needed to see that. I have been really struggling this week and while i dont run lol i work out a lot and contort my body bellydancing in ways im not sure my body was intended for lol but i love it. anyway ty
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job and what an awesome boost!
  • mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    That's an awesome feeling!
  • jessmar77
    Options
    Awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!