Michigan Motivators!!! (Of course everyone else as well, jus

Options
I would like some more friends!! Anyone from Michigan (and of course any other state) feel free to add me, I am a 23 year old mother of two. I am currently 197.5, and looking to get to 145ish! I dont need people with the same weight goal or close to the same weight as me, we are all here to lose weight. I want some more support, ideas, and everything that come with having new friends :) Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, although we don't need to have the same goals... we do! I started at 200lbs... when I saw that number on the scale I about flipped out. Thought, HELL NO!! Get into gear girl! I've lost 10.5 since I started in mid-January. Just gonna keep going until I am not "obese" anymore. Want to be healthy! I'm here for you!!!
  • Mel15sa35
    Mel15sa35 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the Lansing area.
    During this time of year my new favorite exercise is mall walking. Not sure where you are but our malls have a Pacers club. The Lansing Mall interior is 1 mile, you log on a public list how many miles you do a day. It's kinda neat-I've really just started and go 2 to 3 times a week and am up to 3 miles each time. Anything like that in your area?
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kalamazoo
  • mommy_from_mi
    mommy_from_mi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan, too, about 10 miles or so from Lansing. I just joined MFP a couple of days ago, so I'm still learning my way around the site. I'm starting out at 255 pounds. I joined a weight loss challenge here in my area, and some of the participants use this site and told me about it. Loving it so far!
  • conlippert
    Options
    I'm in Ann Arbor and starting out at 190 hoping for 145 sometime this year! Love this MFP for tracking...my main problem with diets!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I'm from Grand Rapids (Kalamazoo originally). Welcome to the site.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Waterford Michigan and LA Fitness member here ;)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I originate from Ottawa Lake. Family has a cabin up in Cheybogan. Feel free to add me. :D
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    I am from the Detroit Area and a member of Lifetime Fitness (Shelby). I am a 34 yr mom of 2 and I am currently looking to weight around 145!! I have about 80 pounds more to lose
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm in Monroe MI (about an hour south of Detroit) add away! :)
  • jadematties
    Options
    Parma girl here!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi! I am from Port Huron area. Ihave two kids and one due in 7 weeks. I started mfp at 178 and got down to 148lbs (5'7"). After this baby my goal weight will be 140ish. I am currently 184. I may be 8 months preggo but I am on here everyday logging, eating healthy, and exercising. Add me if you'd like:)
  • Adeolulu
    Adeolulu Posts: 5
    Options
    Ann Arbor here too!
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Grand Rapids here! I joined about a month ago and it's amazing how into it I am now...on here logging food...I barely have time for Pinterest and FB anymore! lol
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm from Grand Rapids (Kalamazoo originally). Welcome to the site.

Hey me too!!!! Are you doing the 5/3 Riverbank Run? I am doing the 5K walk for the first time:) Glad to see others from GR here:)
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Grand Rapids here! I joined about a month ago and it's amazing how into it I am now...on here logging food...I barely have time for Pinterest and FB anymore! lol

Hello !!! Grand Rapidian:) I would love to have some Michigan friends as well! I will friend you guys!
  • mlapanowski
    mlapanowski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm from Rochester, MI and go to Wayne State. Any new friends are welcome :)
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    Ann Arbor!! :] I was 190 and my goal weight is 150, so same goal pretty much!
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Didn't know there were so many other Michiganders here. I'm from Dearborn.
  • swiviol
    swiviol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Michigander here as well! Currently Walled Lake (Novi area-ish) but a former Ann Arborite / U of M alum.
    Right now I'm at about 204 - was 202 before vacation this past week - would love to be 150 or so to start out. Lowest weight I can remember being in the past 5 years or so was 165, but it was because I lost a lot of weight when I was diagnosed with Crohn's - which presents a whole nother set of eating problems, as I try to avoid dairy and also pop and things with a lot of caffeine.