Excess skin???

Options
I have a saggy belly! I am worried that as I loose weight, it will sag even more. Where does the excess skin from arms and belly go? I don't want to work hard to lose the weight, just to have excess skin that hangs even lower in the front. I know that I can always wear Spanx or something to hide it, but does anyone know from experience if as you lose weight, does it go away?
Thanks for the help 35 pounds down, 64 more to go!!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I would like to think that I will not have loose skin after I lose all of this weight, but if the skin is damaged and covered in deep stretch marks, I don't know how likely it is that there will be no excess skin afterward.

I'm kinda shocked that the folks on Biggest Loser don't have MORE saggy skin considering how quickly they lose it.

Exercise and good eating has to help.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Can't remember who- sorry!- but someone said they use a brushing technique that helped them with loose skin.

Unfortunately, there's only so far skin can go and still come back. Making sure you're eating plenty of good fats can help a lot- also cocoa butter helps so I've heard.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    well it just depends on how elastic your skin is. some people just shrink back up and others dont some also is how much you are loosing
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I have also heard that SKIN BRUSHING really helps alot! I have the same problem that you are talking about, and I've actually bought everything I need to do the Skin Brushing...now I just need to START doing it! :wink: Here's a website with detailed info....

http://www.racingsmarter.com/health/natural/skin_brushing.htm
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    I have a saggy belly! I am worried that as I loose weight, it will sag even more. Where does the excess skin from arms and belly go? I don't want to work hard to lose the weight, just to have excess skin that hangs even lower in the front. I know that I can always wear Spanx or something to hide it, but does anyone know from experience if as you lose weight, does it go away?
    Thanks for the help 35 pounds down, 64 more to go!!

THEN GET LIPO SUCKTION!!!!!!
    ITS THE EASY WAY IF YOU GOT A SAGGY BELLY
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    So I read a little on the skin brushing. It said that when your skin is itching it is healing. My stomach and waist at the sides and above my hips has been very itchy and has a small rash right now. I thought it was a chemical from the pool I had a reaction to, but do you think it is because skin is shrinking?
  • karenmacneil
    Options
    I hear you!! It's something I have in the back of my mind too... however, I'm trying to forget about it for now. Focus on the weight loss and take care of your body (moisturize).I asked my trainer today about it actually and she told me that most people's skin goes back to normal. I think you're jumping the gun because I think you're skin will be fine - so no worries and NO stress!! Just keep up the good work!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I noticed my belly skin and hips and all getting VERY itchy ... and I've been shrinking quite a bit....25 lbs in 2 months. I now keep my entire body VERY moisturized...after showering and bath, etc., and it's helped a lot!!