I lost my son!

Options
My son turned two last month so I took him to the doctor for his annual check up- he's healthy, tall and skinny, just like his daddy.
A couple days ago, I was carrying him out of the library to the car and as I was telling him he's too big to be carried it hit me: I have lost my son (and then some!) in weight. He weighed in at 28 lbs and I'm down 30 now. Carting him around is a great reminder for what I've done and is definitely motivating me to not gain it back.

Replies

• Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    cool! Great job!
  • TracyL10
    TracyL10 Posts: 2
    Options
    wow, my heart dropped when I read your post title, congrats on losing the weight.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah it's weird when you start picturing the size something is weight wise. I don't think 12 lbs is much, but then I remember a few months ago when my niece was 12lbs and I get this weird mental image of her as an appendage and that indeed 12 lbs is a lot! Now 30lbs! That's awesome!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I did the same last week, I gave my 12yr old grandson a piggy back, and only managed about 6 yards before I had to drop him! He weighs the same as I've lost... and it's a real eye opener isn't it!!!!
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Me too! I realized this a few weeks ago, my 4 year old (almost 5) is 42 pounds and I've lost a total of 54lbs (some from before I started MFP). When I think about that it I don't complain about carrying him - not that he needs to be carried often. It's a great reminder and a motivator :)

Congratulations!
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Grats hon!!!! Altho, bad on you for almost giving me a heart attack! My first born son was stillborn at 28 wks gestation (8 yrs ago) so it almost made me throw up.

I'm happy for ya. Keep it up! *Hugs*
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific accomplishment! And your Subject line certainly captures attention - i almost didn't click because I thought it would be too sad and then I remembered this is a weight loss/fitness forum and the Success thread, so its probably not what I'm thinking!

Glad I stopped by - congratulations again!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've waited so long to lose the weight that if I lose one of my daughters, I'd be pretty sick. lol

What a GREAT feeling, and congratulations.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Shew..... I thought.... well nevermind.......

Congratulations and well done! I've lost a teenager!
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    wow, my heart dropped when I read your post title, congrats on losing the weight.

Me too :/......but congrats otherwise
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My heart nearly skipped a beat too.. I was afraid something bad had happened. But what a great way to put things in perspective.

Congrats!!!
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    My 7yo daughter weights 63lbs and I need to lose 75lbs. It is kind of strange to see that much weight walking around and imagine that is what you have to.

I immediately thought what most people thought when they saw your title but I knew it had to be weight related to be on here
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't mean to give anyone a heart attack or a reminder of something sad. I figured it would be ok since it was under Success Stories.
    And I'd have to agree, it is rather strange to have a little reminder of your weight loss running around but I'm rather lucky to have him!!
  • Prefessa
    Prefessa Posts: 90
    Options
    When I hit the 80# weight loss mark I took my 10 YO daughter who weighs 80 lbs, and my old 3X winter jacket, put on the jaqcket, then put her in front of me and zipped up the zipper and we walked around the house bothodf us in the jacket. It fit perfect!

Victory is so sweet!! Congradulations!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great job! I realized the same thing the other day...I've lost more than my daughter weighs (she's 30 lbs; I'm down 34). I was thinking the other day that 30 lbs doesn't seem like all that much...but then I thought about how heavy she seems when I pick her up sometimes, and got a whole new perspective on it. ROCK ON!!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options

^^this^^
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing the other day...My son weights 35 lbs and i have lost 69 lbs (10 before I found mfp and 59 after). That almost twice what he weighs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!