Hot at 50 !

chriss1tt
chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
My name is Debbie and I just joined yesterday. I posted this as a reply to someone else, so I am reposting. Hello everbody ! Gonna be 50 this year and I decided I want to look and feel better in my BETTER YEARS. Any suggestions on gettin or stayin motivated on the exercising part? My sister is also a member and she and I have a challange goin on right now. I plan on whoopin her rear so I need all the help I can get. Congrats to all who have been doing good. Keep up the good work. A Future Sexy Senoir.

Replies

• chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    My name is Debbie and I just joined yesterday. I posted this as a reply to someone else, so I am reposting. Hello everbody ! Gonna be 50 this year and I decided I want to look and feel better in my BETTER YEARS. Any suggestions on gettin or stayin motivated on the exercising part? My sister is also a member and she and I have a challange goin on right now. I plan on whoopin her rear so I need all the help I can get. Congrats to all who have been doing good. Keep up the good work. A Future Sexy Senoir.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    One thing that really motivates me to exercise is getting more calories. I never knew I should eat more when I exercise. The first time I logged cardio exercise and had an extra 274 calories added to my amount allowed, I was inspired. Haven't missed doing some kind of exercise every day since then.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Debbie, any exercise you can do will tone up your body as you lose weight and you get to eat the extra calories you burn. Some days I really need them. Besides toning up you will feel younger and have more energy, the healthier the foods the better. :happy:
  • Hi,

i've found that getting a treadmill has really helped me. i have 3 yr old twins so its very very very hard to fit it in. having a treadmill allows me to get up 30 minutes before them... dont have to get dressed or do my hair, just hop on the treadmill and watch tv first thing every morning. before i was trying to get dressed and ready to head out in public and deal with the kids and house which, usually made my fitness plans... never happen.

I guess basically i think it works best for many to do it first thing in the morning before all else if you can... and if you like walking or running a treadmill will make this easy.