Potato chips...Now!!!

Options
I'm having a craving for potato chips. I need them. I can't stop thinking about them. I was thinking about just having one serving, but I'm scared I won't be able to control myself and eat the whole bag. Please help me out. What should I do? Other than throttle my husband for buying chips...

Thanks!

Replies

• Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Can you buy a 1-serving size pack?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Make your own .... bake them with a lil olive oil and sea salt
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yep, make your own, add vinegar. Mmmmmmmmmm
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    why can't u just grab a handful, put the bag away, and enjoy ur one serving, control people, control...........
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Buy potato chips, let them sit on a napkin for about 30 min- 1hr, look at how much grease is on the napkin, you changed your mind about chips :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    get some oven roasted chickpeas or soy nuts. Crunchy, yummy and healthy!!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    why can't u just grab a handful, put the bag away, and enjoy ur one serving, control people, control...........

easier said than done. i suggest getting the little small bag, the one thats 3 for a dollar.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Make your own .... bake them with a lil olive oil and sea salt

Oh, now that's a good idea! Thanks.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

easier said than done. i suggest getting the little small bag, the one thats 3 for a dollar.

It is easier to get the smaller bags that only have 1 or 2 servings in them, but plenty of chips don't come in those bags. It takes a lot of will and strength but it's very possible to eat only a handful of chips from a big bag and satisfy your craving.
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    take out your food scale, put a bowl on the scale, weight out 1oz(that's one serving), eat, enjoy. Log it right away, and be done with the bag today, you can go back to it tomorrow if you want another serving. That bag, if you weigh it out, might last you 2 weeks, or more, depending on the bag size.

Seriously, don't give things up that you are going to want when you get to goal. It's a lot easier to learn to eat in moderation than to eat with a risk of temptation.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    That is why I love the Special K cracker chips! They taste just like regular chips (at least the sour cream and onion kind do) and one serving is 27 chips and only 110 calories! So even if you can't stop yourself and end up eating the entire box (that's a lot of chips) you are at 385 calories. That could be worked off. LOL

I find that I have no problem stopping at the one serving though. :)
  • Sgorsky22
    Options
    SPECIAL K CRACKER CHIPS(SEA SALT ARE MY FAV) 30 CHIPS ONLY 110 CALORIES! GREAT WITH HUMMUS...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Buy potato chips, let them sit on a napkin for about 30 min- 1hr, look at how much grease is on the napkin, you changed your mind about chips :)

I'd eat the chips and fry the napkin and eat that too
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options

I'd eat the chips and fry the napkin and eat that too

I seriously just laughed so hard I snorted. :laugh: My coworker thinks I am crazy now, thanks!