Tips on gettting more protein in your diet?

Options
Tips on getting more protein into my diet without adding excess Fat??

Replies

• ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fat-Free Cottage cheese is excellent! and not expensive at all! Almost pure protein and les than a calorie per gram :D

Egg whites are also 100% protein

Also fish, chicken breast are good options :D
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Egg whites, chicken breasts, flank steak, bison, plain greek yogurt and low carb low cal protein shakes will do the trick =)
  • lolakeziah
    lolakeziah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hmm cottage cheese hadn't thought of that.

i already eat a ton of fish and chicken (well ton to my standards anyway), I was a vegetarian for 4 years, and although I'm eating meat again, i don't eat much of it, and i get less protein then i did when i didn't eat meat. UGH
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    LEAN cuts of meat.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Egg whites, chicken breasts, flank steak, bison, plain greek yogurt and low carb low cal protein shakes will do the trick =)

Greek yogurt, baked chicken breast (skip the sauces), whey protein :)
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hmm cottage cheese hadn't thought of that.

i already eat a ton of fish and chicken (well ton to my standards anyway), I was a vegetarian for 4 years, and although I'm eating meat again, i don't eat much of it, and i get less protein then i did when i didn't eat meat. UGH

I read you are student with a limited budget :D not that I am rich lol, but fat free cottage cheese is excelent and egg whites. what else mmmmm, have you tried Soy meat? has virtually 0 % fat and lots of protein and works wonders and tastes very good, almost like beef :D
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, cheese, chicken, beef, protein powder, ready-made protein shakes (Bolthouse farms has a delicious chocolate one), greek yogurt, protein bars.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    protein powder! A good one is Life Time Life's Basics Plant Protein powder. 24 grams in 2 scoops (25 grams is about all that your body can process at one time) and about 150 cals. Check out my food diary for how I make them :)
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love using cottage cheese, since you get all that great dairy goodness, too. I also use whey protein powder when I really want to up my protein intake without much of the other macronutrients.
  • KitchenCourses
    Options
    Dried or canned beans are a great source of protein, can be made into a ton of dishes, and are cheap! :)
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, Chia, both good grains from Latin America.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying YouTonics. It has 16 grams of Collagen protein. Right now, you can only get it at Walgreens or GNC. If you want to read about it, the website is www.youtonics.com
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beans, Soy, Dairy, Fish, Protein powders, Legumes, Wholegrain breads, Eggs