Turbo Jam Calories Burned?

Options
I am starting Turbo Jam today and am wondering how those of you that use it, log it into your MFP exercise Journal? I do not have a heart rate monitor right now so don't know how many calories I am burning. What are the workouts closely related to that may help me log them into my exercise journal?

Replies

• amyb1654
    amyb1654 Posts: 8
    Options
    I started to today. Love it. But not sure either how many calories burned? I clicked it under the exercise and put how many minutes iI did.
  • mjimenez1451
    mjimenez1451 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I believe its under Kickboxing.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Yup, if you type in kickboxing, it says "Includes Turbo Jam" in parenthesis.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor. When I log turbo jam Mfp doubles my calories burned. Just so ya know...
  • trishbadgett
    Options
    I just did Turbo Jam too and wondering about the calories burned as well. MFP info seemed high to me???
  • wrencam
    wrencam Posts: 4
    Options
    It's really hard to say without a heart monitor. MFP might seem high to some, because not every body puts the same amount of energy into it. It's all individual.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do TJ regularly and use a HRM, I usually burn about 250 calories, give or take how hard I am working, if you look at my Diary, you can see how many minutes. I only have about 5 pounds that I want to lose, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with body composition already. I just am not going to burn a lot working out.
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    When I do turbo jam and really DO IT.. I burn about 10 cals a minute... so for the 45 min workout... about 450! (I wear a HRM set to my VO2 max...)