T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 24~ Welcome!

Options

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    cjchism - SW think 200. CW is 190.2 (do not remember last weigh in weight either but I do know I loss) and GW 140
    prayerfulmom - sw 277/ gw 165/ cw 229.8 -2.4
    Buttonnose - SW 200 / GW 140 / CW 194 - 1.4
    manda1111 - SW 198, GW 135, CW173 = no change
    zano2008 - SW 211, CW 206, GW 165, lost 5lbs..yohooo
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 249 = lost 2 lbs
    indianagranny - sw216.2/gw160/cw179.6 - no loss no gain
    Pawprint-sw168//gw130//cw162.3 one pound loss
    crazybeerx -sw269/gw 175/cw 254.8 = no change/ lost 4 inches
    nitag - SW 220/GW 140/ CW 185 = - 4 lbs
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 228.2 - loss 2 lbs
    Losingit4good- SW 252/GW 175/CW 214 - loss 1lb
    cyndeebee - SW - 136 GW - 115 CW - 126 1/2 pound lost. I'll take it!
    ktndj82104 SW 190, GW 140, CW 160, no change
    healthymom sw208 gw150 cw 174 = -2 lbs Finally the scale moves!
    lulubar sw205/gw145/cw187= no change

I've been good on cals, good with exercise, but stunk with water consumption. Is that it?? Well, Zano, your challenge comes at an excellent time for me. I will be drinking my water this week and will post my results every day! Keep me honest teamies~:drinker: :heart:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

I went this morning to get my hair done with high lights and low lights, then cam home and did some more weeding... yep I have a huge huge Garden and I think as soon as I finish the whole thing I am going to have to start over ha ha ha..

April is still hear with her girls they went to Ceder Point today they left out early and they just returned!!! we are having a really great time.. I so don't want Monday to come.. cuz she is leaving...:frown: :frown: :frown: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: This is what I will be doing on Monday....LOL

well congrats to all the weight loss losers and welcome to all the new comers....

Check back in Later...

Sheila
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Okay Team,
    I have done the most dumbest and stupid thing, - I do a lot of dumb and stupid things but this one takes the cake- and it really hurts. So maybe if I tell someone about it, it will relieve the dumbness but not the pain. I haven been having lower back pain for about 2 days. So early this morning I decided to make a hot water bottle and use it to relieve the pain. Well somehow the cap came off the bottle and water by the way HOT water came gushing out. But instead of just getting up and out of the way I had to reach behind me as I was getting up and grab the bottle. You talking about DUMB!!!!!!!!!! Well it burns but I will live - I think.
    I joined facebook last night. I am Lisa Wilson if anyone wants to add me as their friend.
    Didn't get the water in yesterday but got a good start on today with it being 7:30am and 32 ounces down. I have also but in 2.8 miles. Going to work on both throughout day.

Sheila - you and April enjoy these next few days together. I know how you feel with her leaving.

Adopt4 - glad you heard from Kristi. Has anyone heard from Jamie?

Catch you all later.
  • swignal
    Options
    Okay Team,
    I have done the most dumbest and stupid thing, - I do a lot of dumb and stupid things but this one takes the cake- and it really hurts. So maybe if I tell someone about it, it will relieve the dumbness but not the pain. I haven been having lower back pain for about 2 days. So early this morning I decided to make a hot water bottle and use it to relieve the pain. Well somehow the cap came off the bottle and water by the way HOT water came gushing out. But instead of just getting up and out of the way I had to reach behind me as I was getting up and grab the bottle. You talking about DUMB!!!!!!!!!! Well it burns but I will live - I think.
    I joined facebook last night. I am Lisa Wilson if anyone wants to add me as their friend.
    Didn't get the water in yesterday but got a good start on today with it being 7:30am and 32 ounces down. I have also but in 2.8 miles. Going to work on both throughout day.

Sheila - you and April enjoy these next few days together. I know how you feel with her leaving.

Adopt4 - glad you heard from Kristi. Has anyone heard from Jamie?

Catch you all later.

Lisa - sry you burned yourself.. I sure hope your back feels better soon.. I know how it feel when your back is hurt.. God knows I live with the back pain daily but I get shots every two months so I am able to walk and ride my bike.. if I didnt get them I sure wouldnt be able exercise... but anyway get well soon...

Sheila
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options
    Adopt4

I just wanted to say how proud I am of you. You are a hard-working momma, wife, and you are doing the hard work it takes to lose weight too. I have always admired your spunk.

Keep doin' what you're doing. You have learned so much. Listen to your body. When it is tired, rest. In a couple days you will be refueled and refocused. There are only so many hours in a day, and you are making it work!

:flowerforyou: Cmr
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    indianagranny...I couldn't find you on Facebook. Do you have a picture with your name?

Anybody else...If you find her, let me know...
  • indianagranny
    Options
    No Cyndeebee, I do not have a picture with my name. I have to wait on my friend to help me post pictures.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Lisa I am sorry about your pain and burn. It wasn't a dumb thing to do it was just reaction.

Also on the face book thing....your name is too common. You will have to add a little info like where you live or what school you went to so we can find you without a picture. You could use the pic you use for here on their til your friend comes to help. I am under Debbie Ballew Mickel if you want to add me so I can find you. Welcome to facebook!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Did the run leg of a triathlon relay. I sacraficed so my other two partners could do bike and kayak portion. I'm sacraficial that way.:wink:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Lisa I am sorry about your pain and burn. It wasn't a dumb thing to do it was just reaction.

Also on the face book thing....your name is too common. You will have to add a little info like where you live or what school you went to so we can find you without a picture. You could use the pic you use for here on their til your friend comes to help. I am under Debbie Ballew Mickel if you want to add me so I can find you. Welcome to facebook!

Facebook lets you use user names now....makes it much easier for those of us with common names..
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    I just found an alternative to coffee cream. I got some flavored stevia made by Sweet Leaf it is flavored dark chocolate and that with skim milk made my coffee taste like a mocha! Very few calories, only kim milk calories!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    I just told a friend of mine from Florida about us and he aid he would check us out. Her name is Sharon he used to use the nicname of Stargazr so she might use that again. Anyway I am excited have her come and be a part of the team.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I had a great day with my son yesterday. We spent the day at the Waterland festival at the classic car show and watched an Elvis impersonator. He was pretty good. Then we watched the parade.

I didn't post my food Friday or Saturday. I knew I blew . Friday at work the bosses bought us pizza and cake. I ate 2 slice of pizza and a piece of cake. Then yesteray I had a chilidog and hum bao at the festival. But today when I weighed, and I was scared to weigh. I had lost half a pound. Must be the walking I did. I walked 5 days this week. My goal was only 2 days a week.

As the summer is rolling along it seems like parts of our team are MIA and not posting much. The first week I was here, which was a month ago, there were so many posts I could barely keep up and now it has petered out a bit. I MISS YOU ALL!!

Off to the store to buy dinner. Having company tonight for dinner and it's my turn to cook. My best friend
    and her daughter come to dinner every other sunday. One week I cook and the next week I provide snack and a movie. We've been doing this for 9 yrs.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    hey, yall. I haven't been logging my food this weekend either. I'm probably over a bit, but not too bad. Made homemade strawberry shakes last night at my SIL's and watched a movie, let the kids run around outside with their 2 big labs. That was a nice break. Hubby took the boys out for donuts and to the soccer field this morning, but as always, they came home early because somebody had to go to the bathroom (#2). Sigh. But a little break of quiet was nice. It cooled off last night finally and our house was nice and cold and I was snuggled under the blankets this morning, did not want to get up! Still in my jammies now, it's 1 pm. Going to shower and then take off for a bit, just to get out of the house for awhile before the week starts all over again. Figuring out what we're taking to Iowa and how to pack the food, etc. Going to eat as well as I can during the trip, so limited fast food stops, or maybe just fast food stops for the kids and not for me and hubby. Supposed to leave either Friday night or Sat night, it depends on how long of a day hubby works on Friday. Leaving about dark so kids will go to sleep and we can drive straight thru the night. Let's hope that works out well....
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    adopt4...We used to do that when the kids were young...drive at night. I think you'll see the wisdom of that. Yes, the kids do sleep, after the novelty of being up at night wears off. (About Mile 30.) Also, you won't be making fast food stops. Maybe a stop for coffee or a soda. The only drawback is that the kids will be wide awake in the morning, and the adults may be tired. Might have to take shifts...

Debbie...It's true, that posting seems to have slacked off. Not sure why that is, although I'm guilty, too. I still come in to post my food, try to write a quick note here, but I've either not been feeling well, or I'm consumed by one or another project...

We'll all try to do better...won't we, Team?
    :blushing:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am so not logging food either this weekend... it's to hard because I was out all weekend... I tried logging today and it didn't work so much... we're suck slackers lol. Not much to say... I got fitted for wedding rings yesterday... I went up almost two sizes from having my daughter.... ouch. I'm hoping my fingers will go down a bit more before Jason buys one. But that's about it... still waiting on word from school....

Later guys
    I hope everyone had a great weekend
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hey teamies! Posting is usually slower on weekends, BUT I remember someone (maybe Kristi) stated a few months ago that they'd noticed that the people on MFP who'd met their goals or lost the most weight were the ones with the most posts!!! So keep posting, stay connected!!!

Okay, and I am wielding my slipper here, but LOG YOUR FOOD! Even if you are really over - log it anyway! I'm only speaking for myself, but I find if I don't log, then its easy to pretend I didn't really go over ~ but if I log it, then I am truly accountable to myself. And the thing I've noticed is that when I am completely honest with myself, then I begin to learn healthy ways to incorporate not-so-healthy foods that I'm obviously craving (or I wouldn't be hiding them from my log):grumble:

Anywho... that's what I thing about things.... (puts slipper away)

Okay, on the water challenge ~ I got in 84 ounces today, and 72 yesterday. My eyeballs are rolling around my heat like fishin' bobbers! And I haven't even made it to the 92 ounces I'm supposed to be reaching!!:huh:

Burned 250 cals yesterday and 480 today -

Okay gang - snap to!!! Dig deep, eat right, exercise, drink alllll our water and make it a GREAT week!!!

lulu:heart::drinker:
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gulp, Gulp, Gulp Team, Four more days for the challenge. Anyone need a snorkel? Lulubar is right, posting has a positive effect on our fitness and diet, Keep up the great job….Zano

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • cmriverside
    Options
    In the Spirit of the Reason the team was started IMHO:

From the very FIRST throwdown challenge on WEEK TWO of THE Team!!
    Hello, Everyone! Welcome to Week 2
    Everyone is welcome to join in at any time.
    We began a thread looking for friends to join our group: and to date we have 34 names on the list.

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas.

Let’s come up with some good ideas this week. Like a challenge.

I’ll throw down a challenge:

~I challenge you to log all your food for every day this week. Even the single bite of your friends’ cake.
    ~~OR I challenge you to drink half your weight daily in ounces of water.

Pick one and commit to it. You alone will suffer if you cheat. ( I don’t need to know if you picked one…..)

Both of these practices are vital to continued weight loss, and weight maintenance for the rest of your life.

So many things are important to continued success. But if you can't make these two part of your daily routine, you are in for a very long weight problem. (I don't do no slippers.)

from: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40787-the-team-week-2-2-13-09
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    part of my not posting is I have a hard time with finding the food I ate outside of home. Here I can check the calories on the package and post those. It wasn't totally from knowing I blew it. So lulu you can only hit me with one slipper.

Sorry about the misspelling on my last post. The s's are not working all the time and if I get going typing and forget to proofread I don't get them added. SO this week it is the s's no telling what it will be next week.

I am on vacation from Thursday-Tuesday. I am taking my laptop but my sister in law says you can't get internet at the cabin. She says I can go to the coffee shop in town and log on but not sure if I will have time. It started off I was going to be alone at the beach from Thursday until Sunday and then my daughter was arriving Sunday until tues. I wasn't happy about being alone, I am not an alone person. But today I talked to all my kids and the plan changed. I am going to stay Thursday with my mom and dad and spend time with them. On Friday my oldet daughter, her huband and my grand daughter will met me at my mom's at 1pm and we will go to the cabin together. Saturday my son Matt and his fiance will come and stay Sat and Sun. Then Sunday my daughter Nancy and son Tony will come and stay til tuesday. So all my 4 kid will spend some time with me on my vacation. My kids are good and God is good! SO anyway I will be MIA for a few days but I will be ok. I'll be looking forward to reading all the post and hopefully get a little note dropped in my message box from a few of you who might miss me LOL.

I tried to plan good meals for the cabin when I went shopping and I didn't buy any junk food. I will be walking and having fun so hopefully I will keep losing. If I can sneak in on someone wireless I will check in on Friday.

Have a wonderful week all. And know I will miss the hell out of all of you!!
  • swignal
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I just want to say GOOD morning.... Its me again bright and early!!!!! My computer is so back and up and running!!!! I am so happy about that...I can post all the time now...

Today - April and her girls have left bright and early early this morning we had a great time while she was here...I sure am gonna miss her and her children... My kids was trying to talk her into staying here!!!!! LOL

yesterday she made my father a pig picken cake!!! for his 69th birthday we cooked a roast for dinner and I had two of my sisters there kids my step brother over so yesterday there was a ton of people at my house once again!!!! I heard someone say my driveway looks like a parking lot on the weekends LOL

Crazybee - Have a great visit with you children and parents on your vacation...and we will catch up when you get back...just try to stay focused as much as possible...

CMR - Glad to see your back with the team...I checked out all your pic's on Facebook..They were awsome..Thanks for sharing them with us...

Zano - I love this weeks challange water water water.. I have been close but 142 ounces of water a day sure seems like a lot!!!! I have been getting I have been drinking 10 glasses of water but I really need to get 12 glasses in... with me working in the garden this week I drank quiet a bit!!!

LuLu - You said it right LOG YOUR FOOD!!!!! This is very important....I know I havent loged my food for some time now cuz of my computer being in computer heaven for a while but my computer is back with me now!!!! boy did I miss logging in...

Lisa- I too tryed to add you to facebook but was unable to... you can search me Sheila Wignal or my email is sheila_kenroy2000@yahoo.com hope to catch up with you soon...

April - safe drive back home... I had a great time with you and your children and we all are going to miss you very very much... hope to see you again soon...

Kristi - I miss hearing from you.. what have you been up to???

Anita- I am hoping that your having a better day.....

well I am off to the garden... and then for my bike ride... check back in later...

Sheila