Road Trip advice?

Options
Well me and my family are moving from CA to CO and we are driving over there so a two day trip. Im worried that not being active and having to eat out for breakfast lunch and dinner will mess up what ive been working on. Any advice? help!

Replies

• Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Focus on protein and veggies and you will be fine. Avoid fried food and carbs. in MOST places you can find ok choices. Good luck and safe travels.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies! Pretzels! Veggie Stix!
  • MusiqDiva
    Options
    If possible, at least for the first day, have fruit, lunch meat and veggies chopped up and ready to grab so if you have to stop (fast food) you can just get a kids mean and be satisfied.
  • ollybollysmommy
    ollybollysmommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The thing is usually we do drive thru for breakfast and lunch and sit down for dinner at a restaurant. Im just worried because i have no say so in where we stop to eat its usually mcdonalds burger king what should i do then?
  • MusiqDiva
    Options
    Just come prepared. I remember taking a trip with friends (so of course it is majority rules), and so I packed pre sliced cheese, lunch meat, "canned" fruit (like the Dole Pinapple Tidbits or something for example), and some cut veggies (like in a veggie tray) so when we stopped, I just got a little something to "spice" up my intake, but nothing major because I was full and we had a real meal for dinner.