Takeaways

Options
Hi,
Today everyone living in my house is having like a film night sort of thing and everyone is getting in a takeaway/takeout :grumble: anyways so i said i would just go to bed early after having something else for dinner but now everyone else is in a grumble with me and calling me non-sociable..:grumble: :cry: i really actually want a takeaway now but can find anything healthy in the menu :grumble: any suggestions or should i just not have a takeaway although i do need a treat.. :glasses:
Advice please..
Regards..
Vicky :flowerforyou:
P.S i will not be having any popcorn/ movie food later on :happy:

Replies

• a_new_mii
    a_new_mii Posts: 53
    Options
    Takeaway = take-out, right?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could always fix yourself something to eat while they're having their take-out. If you haven't indulged in a while, don't feel bad about ordering something.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, but I've never heard of a takeaway. But from the sounds of it, just tell your friends you are trying to do something healthy for yourself and do what you need to do. If they cant understand that then F*** 'em!
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Takeaway = take-out, right?
    Yeh,

Umm.. i think i might get something but what? i have 700 cals left :glasses:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Takeaway meaning take out food? If that is the case then by all means have the treat and enjoy the movie. You can actually have some healthy snacks for yourself on hand and also you can eat some of the take out food. Also if you eat healthy before the get together you will be less likely to want to binge on the take out food later. If they have chicken on the menu or a very lean beef cut have rice instead of noodles and add extra vege's. have a salad or soup instead of potatoes.
    Do they have there menu on line. If they do you can do a little research to see what would be better for you. Or you can pick something you would really like and put that into your food diary to see just how many cals you would have eattin.
    Also you can always order your favorite and only eat half of it and save half for the next day. This way you can join in the fun and also enjoy everyone's company.
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Right i have decided to have 1 slice of a 12" pepperoni pizza and 150g of chips :happy:
    It adds up to around 475 cals :noway:
    oh well :blushing:
  • Smeaders
    Smeaders Posts: 14
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I LOVE YOUR ADVICE!!!
  • Smeaders
    Smeaders Posts: 14
    Options
    :laugh: 9726172000
  • MiaEllie
    MiaEllie Posts: 84
    Options
    I can totally relate. My friends and I have documentary night a couple of times a month and there is always food that I shouldn't eat at these gatherings.

This is what I would do in this situation:

Eat a big healthy meal ahead of time like a huge salad with fat free or low fat dressing and some steamed or grilled veggies. Then order vegetable curry or something like that when everyone gets take out. Just don't eat too much rice, measure out your portions and stick to them. If you get hungry again later when everyone is still hanging out, eat some fruit for desert (even if you have to prepare it ahead of time and bring it with you.)

Good luck - you can do it! :wink: