I ordered the 30 day Shred . Advise

Options
2»

Replies

• bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Started this today! Its a challenge, but a fun one! Right near the end you feel like giving up and then Jillian tells u to push! Surprisingly, I found it easier when i pushed to the limit!

This is soo true! And just because you are sore on Day 1-3 do NOT take a break.. it will get easier faster and you will be less sore if you commit to 30 days and don't miss a single one.THEN you can take a break before starting again.. I took 2 months (although I did change to a different video instead)! LOL

A great one to go with this is the metabolism dvd, speeds up metab and helps weight loss as well as toning! Just ordered, cant wait.

Ill probbaly switch between the two to mix it up ^_^
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I finished level 1 day 9 today. i did the first 7 days straight, but then had to take a few days off because my back was really hurting (I'm 44, so I need to remember that my body can't do everything like it used to!). Now I'm doing it every other day and so far so good...
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i am going to be honest. the first three days that i did this workout i was extremely nauseous while doing it- probably because of my level of conditioning. but i kept pushing anyways and on day 4 i felt good. i just finished day 8 and i can do so much more than the first day. today was the first day i didn't need a 5 second breath and could do the whole first level!! so just keep going no matter what! oh and i use 3lb weights too.
  • upwiththesun
    Options
    Tried and true :) Handweights and a mat, unless you have a nice rug. I did this about 3 years ago and still use it. Good luck, have fun! One of the best, her Shred it with weights is really good, too!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I use 2 pound, 3 pound or 5 pound weights depending on the exercise...I agree about the water thing and having a group to support you. I'm in the March 30DS group here on MFP...I should be on day 8, but I had to take a couple days off I was soooo sore 1 day and had a lazy birthday day another, so I've done 6 days on level 1!