Which meal replacement shake would be better?

Options
borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
I have compared 4 different kinds of meal replacement shakes' nutrition facts. Which one will be better for me?
I will list them in order starting with the most expensive ones first.
-Shakology shakes: Cal. 140, fat 1g, cholesterol15mg, sodium 100mg, carbs 17g, fiber 3g, sugar 9g, protein 17g
-Body by Vi shakes: cal. 90, fat 1g, cholesterol 15mg, sodium 75mg, potassium 125mg, carbs 7g, fiber 5.5g, sugar 0, protein 12g
-Slimfast shakes: cal. 180, fat 6g, cholesterol 5mg, sodium 200mg, fiber 5g, sugar 18g, protein 10g, carbs 25g
-Atkins shakes: cal. 170, fat 9g, cholesterol 15mg, sodium 140mg, fiber 3g, sugar 2g, protein 20g, carbs 5g

I know it's better not to have meal replacement shakes, but i cannot do this on my own. I need some help with some shakes. I used to drink slimfast, but recently switched to the Atkins brand because it is much lower in sugar, but now i thinking i might want to switch up to something better like the Shakology or the Body by vi shakes because they claim to have better stuff in them. But they cost about twicw as much per shake as the slimfast or the atkins brands. Is it worth the switch and extra cost? Which one of the shakes would be better for me? Has anyone tried these brands of sshakes?

Replies

• khrystal
    khrystal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all too. they all tear my stomach up and taste like crap. I would go with Body By Vi. I love them! You can order at http://khrys.bodybyvi.com
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My friend, a chiropractor and certified nutritionist just got me on Metagenics. They have several flavors, and I love the mocha. It has been a huge help, especially when I'm hungry & have no time. Instead of grabbing whatever is awful & easy, I mix up a shake. Keeps me full for quite awhile, too. It is a bit pricey, tho. But Metagenics is a very highly rated meal replacement.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • NcScoobie
    Options
    I've been using the Body By Vi shakes for a couple of months - pretty tasty and there are a ton recipes to mix. I'm not a person to loose weight very fast and am loosing about 5 lbs a month which seems slow, but healthy. I like the shakes because I know exactly what I'm eating for 2 meals a day.