New and would like to meet people for support!

Options
I have tried MFP a few months back I think, and I wasn't disciplined to log in everyday and track my food. In fact I wasn't even ready to do what I needed to do to lose the weight. Losing a lot of weight (100+) is very intimidating to me. I have decided I should do short term goals within my large goal. I'm the kind of person who likes instant gratification, so when I don't see results right away, I get discouraged. Even though I know I won't see them right away!! That is why I need your support. I'm looking for anyone who is logged in and takes it seriously, and can educated me on what has worked for you! Look forward to meeting you! ~Amanda

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    welcome! when I started in July I had over 100 to lose... you might be surprised how fast you see results :)

looking at 150lbs to lose made me want to quit before I even got started - I can't lose 150 pounds!! that's CRAZY!!!!

but..... I could lose 10 pounds. I could lose 10 pounds 15 times even... :) setting mini goals has been my lifesaver. I definitely recommend it :) feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • teresafrose
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too. A week into this and I have lost 6 lbs. It has not been easy but is getting easier. I'm not hungry all the time and it takes less to get full. I know next week will be easier still. Hang in there, stay focused.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Having a good base of friends to cheer you on and ask questions helps. Good luck add me if you like.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and I like the small goal idea. I am looking to lose about 60 pounds and I decided to set smaller mental goals of five pounds per month to make my overall goal seem more manageable. I am have been pretty faithful about logging my food and exercise, but it has only been a week .
  • heeytheresunshine
    heeytheresunshine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I also have a bit of weight to lose, I've been at this for two weeks now and it's gotten noticeably easier. I like the idea of setting small goals, anyways good luck and feel free to add me. (:
  • justcruz83
    Options
    I'm also new to MFP and I am also looking for tips from the more experienced. I love the idea of making short term goals. I too have 100+ lbs to lose and the thought is very self defeating in itself. I am committed to losing the weight as this is my last year in my 20's and I feel like it's now or never. I hope that we can share tips and encourage each other to do our best. Feel free to add me if you'd like a weight loss partner. I need one myself. Good Luck!