Week 1 Results: -7 lbs, -1" waist, -1" hips

Options
OhioMade
OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
Well, I am shocked by the first week. I realize this rapid progress will slow in coming weeks, but I am really pleased.

I can see in the mirror my back has less "back fat" hanging on it.

I stuck to my daily calories (around 1,400), and I didn't try to eat back my exercise calories (around 700/day). Also, I logged every single thing I ate, and over-estimated rather than under-estimated calorie amounts if I was unsure ("those two teaspoons of pudding"). I know most people say you are meant to eat back those exercise calories. I figure when the shock to my system is over and my weight loss starts to plateau (after next week?), I will increase my calories by 200 or so.

I am doing an hour of interval training on my treadmill (iFit JM walking programs, two 30-minute sessions a day--lots of sweat), and I am doing free weights (roughly following the "Fit for Life" free weight program) for about 30-45 minutes a day. I know that this is more exercise than most people can fit into their schedules. How do I do it? I am unemployed, so I have time to concentrate on this...if I were employed, I think this would have been much harder to stick to the first week. Still, I'd rather have a job!

I have 12 weeks until I go visit an ex on the west coast and maybe rekindle our relationship, so I am supremely motivated (the ex knows I am doing this). At that point I figure, even if the relationship isn't rekindled, I'll be fit and more excited to move foreward.

Good luck to all my fellow travellers! Add me if you like.

Starting: 219 lbs.

Week 1 Result: 212 lbs.

G O A L : 176 lbs. and to fit into my 32" jeans!

Replies

• Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are off to an incredible start! Good luck on your loss and trip--hope everything turns out well!:smile:
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good luck with all you do!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Remember it's not a race it's a journey.:drinker:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    that is so great! Such amazing week 1 results! Keep it up! :)
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you are well on you way ! keep it up !
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support, folks!
  • Vanessahogan03
    Vanessahogan03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What an awesome weigh in! I would like to add you as a friend. I am doing my first weigh in as well on Monday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!