wanting to loose 40lbs

Options
I have had 2 kids in 2 years and picked up an extra 40lbs along the way. I am wanting to get started eating right and exercising Monday July 20. I have bought a tae bo post natal dvd and I was wondering if anyone can help me make a grocery list . I want to be able to stay with me my 1480 calories and feel full. Can anyone help me with a grocery list?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 kids in 2 years and picked up an extra 40lbs along the way. I am wanting to get started eating right and exercising Monday July 20. I have bought a tae bo post natal dvd and I was wondering if anyone can help me make a grocery list . I want to be able to stay with me my 1480 calories and feel full. Can anyone help me with a grocery list?

Quaker Oats-frozen or fresh blueberries
    salad stuff-spritzer dressings
    chicken-pork-fish
    vegetables
    Special K bars
    natural peanut butter
    (brain dead now, I'm sure others will have lots of foods too!)

Welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    apples, bananas, blueberries, Quaker Oatmeal, Kashi cereal, lean chicken, fish, pork, fresh and frozen veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, salad makings (spinach, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, peppers, onions), salad spritzers, i can't believe it's not butter spray, hummus, whole grain crackers, fat free plain yogurt, almond milk
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

take it one day at a time
    take baby steps
    stay open minded to new ideas
    drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker:

find a group on the message boards and keep in touch with them every day and if you don't get the support and encouragement you need, find a different group

you can do this if you work hard at tt:bigsmile:
  • JCassedy
    JCassedy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really cut down on my sugar in the beginning... that is including the fruit. Fiber one (the twiggy cardboard stuff) became a staple for snacking along with 70% dark chocolate to curb the sweet tooth. I lost my first 40 pounds in a bit over 4 months.
    Alos...
    Hummus (homemade)
    I pre sliced my green peppers, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers...whatever (I need it pre fixed in my fridge or I go for the snacks)
    0% greek yogurt
    seltzer
    organic blue corn chips
    and I didn't buy ANY junk for my kids... if it is not good for me, it is not good for them!
    Nothing with high fructose corn syrup... no matter the calories or fat
    Good luck and I know you can do it!
    also...
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]145846.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    for snacking:
    string cheese
    yogurt
    raw veggies
    small size apples & other fruit
    nuts

I find that if there aren't any tempting goodies, it's easier to sample & learn to love those healthier snack alternatives.

no sodas, diet or otherwise

Learn to read labels & find the lowest calorie, fat & sugar, highest fiber choice for whatever you're buying - bread, tortillas, cereal, etc. You'll get the hang of it pretty soon. Just pay attention to what you buy & prepare & skip the fast food.
    :flowerforyou:
    Good luck!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i recommend going to websites that have healthy recipes and planning all of you and your family's meals now. Especially dinner!! Just plan it all, with what you find for monday breakfast lunch and dinner, and so on. For dinner go for lean meats, complex carbs (brown rice, whole wheat rolls) and fresh veggies. Breakfast try starting off with old fashioned oatmeal w/ fresh fruit in it, or whole wheat waffles with natural peanut butter (skippy makes a great one that you don't have to stir) for lunches i would try to do salads or sandwiches w/ lean deli meats and whole wheat bread. eat that w/ fresh fruit. Snacks are the hardest, for me anyway. here are my faves (not all at once of course lol) string cheese, hard boiled aggs, almonds (try to get raw and unsalted. right now i am hooked on cocoa roasted almonds), half peanut butter sandwich, fresh fruit, cut up raw veggies (buy all kinds then cut them all up when you get home, store them in tupperware then eat them whenever you like), baked potato w/ salsa, a piece of deli meat and deli cheese rolled up. hope this helps you!