Creatine for Women - Advice?

Options
I'm thinking about supplementing with Creatine. May be a long shot, but I was just wondering if there's any women out there that have supplemented with Creatine and what your experience with it was. I'd like to gain more lean muscle (obviously), but not sure if there's any negatives, besides the "bloating" that I should be worried about. Worth it?

Guys too if you have any input!

Replies

• Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about supplementing with Creatine. May be a long shot, but I was just wondering if there's any women out there that have supplemented with Creatine and what your experience with it was. I'd like to gain more lean muscle (obviously), but not sure if there's any negatives, besides the "bloating" that I should be worried about. Worth it?

Guys too if you have any input!

Creatine in and of itself does not add lean muscle. It will make you stronger when you're on it and if you lift more weight today, you stand to build more muscle tomorrow, or so the theory goes. Creatine is one of the only supplements that has real scientific backing.

Some people have a problem with the texture, others report cramping issues (often associated with low fluid intake) , bloating, nausea and gas. I never personally had a problem, I would stick with regular Monohydrate and not worry about the "loading phase" .
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I take it every day.

Creatine, Glutamine, Branched Chain Amino Acids. Trifecta of Awesome!
  • chickenmcv
    Options
    If you aren't a monster in the gym and don't have the right diet already, don't bother. Plain and simple. Focus on your macros and instilling a solid lifting plan. After that, reconsider if you really need it.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    How is your lifting plan? Are you in a calorie deficit or surplus?

Im not going to bother until I am done cutting and start my bulk.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I had the most awesome workouts when on creatine. It's amazing.