Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be here!

Options
I've struggled with my weight for a long time. I've been up and down so many times I've lost track. Mostly, my weight loss has been really unhealthy and self-destructive. I was on a medication that suppressed appetite, and while I went from 185 to 155, I was barely eating and I was mentally unstable. I'm medication free now and I'm more stable now than I've been in years, but I'm slowly gaining back everything I lost as well. Lately, I've been lacking motivation. I always do best with a workout buddy, but I don't have one now and I have been finding it really difficult to get up and get moving. I'm really hoping this community will motivate me and keep me on track. My goal is to lose 20 pounds and get back to 155, but to do it in a healthy and lasting way. I just want to feel comfortable in my skin again. I want to wear a bikini on the beach this August when I go away with my boyfriend an not feel like a whale. I want to be able to walk up the steep hill at my college without being out of breath. I want to be healthy and happy. And more than anything, I want to feel as beautiful as I know I am.

Replies

• justcruz83
    Options
    Although I wish I could be 175lbs I can relate to how you feel. It seems like you have a real positive outlook and you want to lose weight for good reasons. I just joined myself and I'm looking for friends to help me stay motivated and encouraged. I am doing the Herbal life diet and then eventually learn how to make my own healthy meals and have good portion control. What kind of steps are you taking to help with the weight loss?
  • yttiksdrawkcab
    yttiksdrawkcab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the Herbal Life diet. What is it? I think the hardest thing for me to figure out is portions. I'm jut not used to measuring my food. I'm basically just trying to be more active and pay attention to what I'm eating. Just thinking about what I ate today really helped me make better choices. My mom and my sister are a part of Weight Watchers so they have pretty healthy food around the house which helps. The biggest thing though is the exercise. I really enjoy the Biggest Loser DVD workouts. They're tough, and I feel it the next day, but Bob is so funny and the people doing the exercises with him are not already these fit beautiful people. They're normal people who are getting healthy just like me. It's really encouraging.