EVERY DAY FITNESS OPPORTUNITIES ... NO GYM NEEDED

Options
When you go to the big box stores and need to use the huge, filled parking lot, do you
(1) Park as close to the store as possible OR,
(2) Park as far away from the store entrance as possible?

AND, do you (1) leave the shopping cart somewhere not far from your vehicle
OR, (2) do you take that opportunity to walk the empty cart back to the cart location either just outside the store entrance or take it to the inside location for the next customer to use?

If you responded to the #2 choices, you are missing the wonderful opportunity to become more "fit" and "heart healthy".

:) Fitzie63

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    When you go to the big box stores and need to use the huge, filled parking lot, do you
    (1) Park as close to the store as possible OR,
    (2) Park as far away from the store entrance as possible?

AND, do you (1) leave the shopping cart somewhere not far from your vehicle
    OR, (2) do you take that opportunity to walk the empty cart back to the cart location either just outside the store entrance or take it to the inside location for the next customer to use?

If you responded to the #2 choices, you are missing the wonderful opportunity to become more "fit" and "heart healthy".

:) Fitzie63

I like to park far away, go inside the mall or big box store and go to the farthest cashier, rob them and run back to my car. You get in a lot more cardio that way...:noway:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm carrying out, I try not to use a cart coming out, so mine is weight lifting partially.

And juggling depending if Home Depot or Target.

And stretching if it all goes wrong.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I park as close to the door as possible - there is less chance for my 3 year old to run away that way!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Depends on who's with me. If I've got both or even just one of the kids, I'm gonna park close. But I'll also walk down every single aisle that way too. But if it's just me, I park far away and walk. I also tend to park at the top of the parking garage at the hospital and walk the stairs. I'm working hard to get in extra steps when I can manage them in my day.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Good points! You can also add taking stairs instead of elevators.

I checked out your pics. Looks like you were active duty military. Is that right?
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    U S Marine Corps Reserves many years ago. Long time and life membership in the Marine Corps League (State of Washington appointed staff member).

Am using the FitBit since it arrived a few days ago. Minimum daily stairs are: 10 flights (10 up + 10 down....down the stairs are NOT counted by the Fitbit because it is anaerobic, not aerobic, activity). I'm loving using it. It now "lives" with me day and night. Thanks for your comments.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    We don't drive at all here & we have never owned a car. We rely on walking or public transport. We get out workouts in all the time :) be even better, ditch the car.