Trouble eating breakfast before exercising

Options
Does anyone else have trouble eating breakfast and then going and exercising? If so what are your solutions to it?

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Downing some BCAA's usually helps maintain muscle mass. Or exercise at night.
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    I usually eat, relax for an hour or so, then work out. I cannot do it immediately after eating, makes me feel so sick!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If I workout in the morning I eat after I workout ...I can't eat before I exercise .....same when I exercise at night .....I eat dinner afterwards.
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Try working out fasted (pre-breakfast)! It's arguably better for fat loss, and you definitely won't have any issues with indigestion. (When I start cardio on fast days I'm usually a little sluggish getting into my workout, but after the first 10 minutes or so I'm back to nearly 100%.)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have trouble eating breakfast and then going and exercising? If so what are your solutions to it?

I threw up after eating then exercising. My solution? wait at least 2 hrs or go on a empty stomach.
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    THanks everyone!!!!! I have been exercising in the morning on an empty stomach and it works fine for the exercise - really it works well for me exercise-wise. I have been worrying because I have not been having a lot of weightloss - and everywhere says you have to start a day with breakfast. That doesn't work for me with the exercise .... so I am trying to figure this out.

But it sounds as if some of you are eating after exercise so then I will just continue with that.

THANKS!!!! Hugs - Dia
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    thats a myth. I eat all my calories from 3:30pm-11:30pm. Having breakfast isnt necessary.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can't eat and then go workout unless there is like 3 hours gap in between. I would get so sick, and it really can make you throw up especially if your body is actively digesting the food. I actually prefer to work out in the AM with an empty stomach.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to eat immediately before working out unless you're slamming protein for heavy lifting