goal waist

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
Whats your goal waist and height
Me:
Height 5'7
Goal waist 24 inches
no idea if thats possible, so I figured Id ask. I use to be a size 3 in highschool.

Replies

• danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110
    Options
    My goal as a 57 year old 6 foot tall man is a 32 inch waist. 24 months ago I was out growing a 52 inch pants now I'm down to a 33 inch.
    I've lost 155 pounds. I've gone from a 4X shirt to a medium.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a 28inch waist. I am at 30 right now... my hips are 42inches! They won't budge, damnit!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific number goal b/c I honestly don't know what my body is capable of, the first 28 years of my life I was a certified couch potato, so now that I'm exercising I really don't know what my body's going to do. I'm happy just to see noticeable improvements.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    My goal waist is 27" currently at 31". I'm very much an inverted triangle and I would kill to have wide hips...but no dice. :'(
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    For right now I'd be happy with anything lower than 30". In an ideal world, I would love to be 26".
  • dlperry65
    dlperry65 Posts: 83
    Options
    I am about a 27 right now, hoping to get to 26. Rule of thumb is half your height in inches for waist size. Which for me is 26, lol.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    26 would be nice. Right now it's a little over 27 if I pull the tape measure real tight. :laugh: But if it's possible, 25 or smaller I'd rather have because I don't have very wide hips and I like a smaller cinch in the waist.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've never given it much thought. Right now my waist is about a 26, so I'd like to go down to a 24. As for my hips, they're about 31 and I'd love to get down to a 28! I'm really petite and only 5'0 so these measurements may seem tiny, but they're a little wide for my height :)
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    28" waist, get.

Im currently running about 34".

I'll never be a stick, actually anything that's not 30"+ would be awesome.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5
    Goal: 24" I currently sit at 24.8. (I am extremely fine boned and petite)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb is half your height in inches for waist size. Which for me is 26, lol.

In that case I should be 32".....am currently 27

Sue :smile: x
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old, 5'11" and from my high 40 pants size (that was tight), I want to get back down to the 31 I was at 29 years old. I also want my chest to be greater than 45.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    to have one would be nice :grumble:
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't have a measurement goal at the moment, but long ago I said that I would only have a problem when my gut is bigger than my chest. So when my goal is to get my gut into shadow on a sunny day, (very few of them in Sydney at the moment so I have some time :-)
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That's TINY.
    my goal waist is 28"
    That would give me a height to waist ratio of about 46%

If you're 5'7'' and you had a waist of 24", that'd give you a waist to height ratio of 35.8% and that sound VERY low to me.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am about a 27 right now, hoping to get to 26. Rule of thumb is half your height in inches for waist size. Which for me is 26, lol.

I think the rule is 'no more than half your height' with the 'preferred range' being between 45% and 48%
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would just love one full stop :)
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 31.75 - would love to get to a 29
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That's TINY.
    my goal waist is 28"
    That would give me a height to waist ratio of about 46%

If you're 5'7'' and you had a waist of 24", that'd give you a waist to height ratio of 35.8% and that sound VERY low to me.
    Thank you! Its probably not possible. I have a 26 inch waist right now but wear a size 9-10 because my butt is 38 and figured my waist would have to get smaller if I wanted to fit into my cloths from last year. What I really want is my butt to shrink.
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kind of a timely question. I do my measurements every Friday morning and last week my waist was a 28. This morning I was a 26. When I saw that I thought, "No, I did it wrong. There's no way that's right." I measured again. Again, it was 26. So I went and found another kind of string to measure and did it in front of a mirror, thinking I was somehow not measuring correctly. Again, a 26. I only lost .4 lbs in the last week but the waist measurement really threw me for a loop. The human body is weird, but fascinating.