Running/Jogging NSV

Options
Well I was on the treadmill today and I usually walk on a 6.0 incline because I have always been heavy (since after highschool anyway) and do not want to destroy my knees or ankles, I decided to see if I could run a while so I started out at a moderate pace and said I will see if I could do a mile, did that, then said well I will do 20 minutes, did that, then said ok I feel pretty good so I will go to 30 minutes and see how I feel, did that, well I was almost to 2.3 miles then so I felt ok so I decided I would go to 3 miles before I slow down, did that, well to not make the story any longer I ran until the treadmill kicked off at 60 minutes and 4.6 miles, the treadmill forced me to cool down so I walked out until I got to 5 miles. I have never ran the same pace for 60 minutes in my life I was so pumped afterwards! I realize that is not far or fast for some, but I was excited about it and I am still a pretty good sized guy!

Replies

• bioniclemonade
    Options
    That's awesome Tank!! I'm still working on running a mile straight through without walking. Hopefully I'll get there soon!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Tank!! I'm still working on running a mile straight through without walking. Hopefully I'll get there soon!

Ditto this! Awesome workout Tank!
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You should feel really proud!!!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tank, that's an awesome NSV! I am currently doing Couch-to-5K - on week 2 and jogging for a 90 sec. is a challenge for me! Way to go!
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I dream of doing that. I have to lose just a bit more before I'm confident enough that my knees can support me without injury. You should be so proud of yourself. That is quite an accomplishment.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Um, totally jealous here. I ran three minutes straight today and was darn proud of myself. You are amazing! I'd say that is a victory indeed. Well done!
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I hope I will be able to do 1 Mile soon. Thanks for shareing!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome :D
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I can do 30 minutes straight but the other 30 minutes comes in intervals with walking. Seriously excited for you!
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You just accomplished an 8k (almost) but wow!!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. I can't wait til I can do 60 minutes straight. I just did 20 min for the first time last weekend. Keep it up :)
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! It shows great dedication!
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    major kudos! Im working on running too so this is motivating!
  • Tank184
    Tank184 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Um, that is AMAZING!!! Awesome job!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yeah, way to go! That's great! It really is, be very proud of yourself!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Tank, that's an awesome NSV! I am currently doing Couch-to-5K - on week 2 and jogging for a 90 sec. is a challenge for me! Way to go!

I'm the same way lol! I'm on week 3 and omg..the 3 minutes are killing me! Tank, be super proud! I'm terrified of my first 5k on sunday lol!
  • Ecoveg
    Ecoveg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! Awesome when you push just a little and find out how much you can do!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    congrats! as a heavy guy as well I enjoy slogging along. (slow jog) I don't like treadmills. All of my mileage comes from indoor tracks or going outside.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!