its unfair!

Options
It is unfair that some people are born with great metabolism and can eat whatever they want! I know- it's life and it's just something you have to deal with it, but it's not fair! I wish I could stop on my way home and get a new caramel mocha iced coffee without thinking about how many calories are in it. I just wish that I could be free of all the counting.

:stomping feet:
Its just not fair :angry:

lol, just being a brat today

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :mad: It is UNFAIR! It makes me want to do the occasional foot stomp too! :flowerforyou:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Totally UNFAIR! And I used to be one of them, why did it have to change?
  • witchie13
    witchie13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I like stomping my feet too! :cry: Sometimes it's fun and sometimes it's easier for me to accept that I was not and will not ever be that person who can just eat what they want when they want without gaining weight. My husband on the other hand has maybe gained 10lbs in the past 12 years since he graduated high school. I on the other hand have gained 80lbs since graduating high school. I definitely need the motivation to drop this weight!:explode:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    i totally agree..... like why does it have to be like that?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i used to feel the same way until i upped my calories... i hated that people could eat/drink what seemed like so much that i was missing out on...
    then i set my daily goal to match my BMR and i eat my exercise calories.. so on exercise days im eating up to 2500 calories! i mostly did it to keep my metabolism working at its best - i dont want to damage it by eating too little. yes it will lower over time (i have a lot of weight to lose!) but even at my goal weight, my bmr will be 1525 or so. id rather it be that than 1200 or less because i wanted to lose fastfastfast!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Totally know the feeling and it makes me want to stomp my feet too!!!! I get soo frustrated with some of the other girls at work burgers and chips etc everyday for lunchand they're skinny as a rake .

Me I have my avo on toast - no butter and am green with envy!!

:mad:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    AAARRGGGHH!!!

I hear you!! I must admit though I was one of THOSE people in my 20s and 30s. Now in my 40s I have to watch EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.

Personally I'm a HUGE advocate of having at least 1 cheat day per week. And that day is ALWAYS a heavy workout day when I can eat my favorite foods obviously in moderation but its that ONE DAY per week when I can have a greasy cheeseburger or a slice of meat lovers pizza. It keeps me sane knowing I don't have to "count" every day of my life.
  • emilyscott98
    emilyscott98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All my friends are the tiniest people that are always eating crap, it's just so easy to be envious ;), but guys; We're challenged to look after our bodies because we know we can succeeeeeeed!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've never been very big and when I was a teenager, I was definitely one of these girls who stayed rail thin and ate whatever I wanted. Remember that skinny doesn't always equal healthy though. My boyfriend once worked with a guy who was super thin, but ate McDonalds and things like that for lunch every single day. People at work were baffled that he stayed so thin, but then he went to the doctor and his cholesterol was through the roof. Now I'm a little more educated about healthy eating, I'd much rather eat like that on a regular basis than eat rubbish whenever I wanted, even if it meant me never gaining weight. The damage it can do inside is just as bad - if not worse, in fact - than what it can do to the outside.
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    They maybe stick thin but Im sure we can do so much more than they can. We can probaly out run them, lift weights, be able to dance and not feeling like passing out. They are thin but have no stamina whatsoever. I know because my friend who is a size 3 cant do half of the stuff I do. I can hike the trail two times and she will only be half way....so dont get mad just think about how much stonger our bodies are because we take care of them and dont shove in our mouths whatever comes our way. :drinker:
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes it is a bit unfair but the best way to get over that is to get fit and healthy - personally I try to save the stomping for things that are seriously unfair like poverty or human trafficking
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    That used to be me!!

But at the time I didn't really think of food as anything but tasting good, lol. So my diet was mostly made up of junk food. I was vegetarian for some of those years though.
    I also forgot to eat a lot, and I actually disliked how thin I was.

Oh how much I loathe my former self for taking it for granted!! haha
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hey, life would be boring if we were all the same! :smokin:

What you usually find is that the folk who can apparently eat what they want and never put on any weight are a lot more active in their lives and I don't mean they workout like Trojans 7 times a week. They walk more, move about more and probably eat a lot less than you think.:noway:

Now that I've got off my lardy *kitten* and started exercising, I find I can eat more or less what I want now, although I've also learnt not to overeat and to have regular portion sizes.:bigsmile:

Life is life... you might not think it's fair, but most of us on MFP have not known any real hardship in our lives: we certainly have had enough to eat and drink, not had to walk miles a day for fresh water or lived in a war zone. :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    my friend thinks it sucks that I lie to my phone (not record everything I eat) and don't really work out and am still losing. she has to count everything and be on the ebike faithfully to see results... I think it sucks girls can bat their eyes or cry at policemen.....
  • rachelleygirl9009
    rachelleygirl9009 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YES! very unfair. all of my friends are like that and they laugh at me when i ask them if they realize how many calories their eating. it's easy to say that i'm the heaviest out of my friends, but not for long! :)
  • dennisone
    dennisone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh 156, 5:8' and need to lose 6 lbs. I run 3 times a week, Xtrain 3 times a week, run marathons, I'm in good shape but at 158 my bloodwork isn't good but is good at 152. 20 years ago I ate everything and anything, fried and fatty and never gained a pound. Visit to doctor, if I didn't change my diet that I would have a massive heart attack by the time I was 60. So for the last 23 years I've had to measure everthing that I eat, it became a way of life. We switched to smaller plates and eat 2 cups of salad at every meal. Today at a mexican restaurant I stopped at 8 chips. Most people who see me want to be in the shape that I'm in when they are in their 60's. Once a week I eat what I want and I'm sure that others think that I'm one of the skinny people who can eat anything. I had to work hard to stay at my goal weight and I believe that those who don't watch what the eat are the ones that will suffer no matter what size they are especially those that are not active.