My Hormone Hell :(

Options
After trying and failing to lose weight so many times, I decided I would try something different and have found MFP and Fitbit! One of the biggest problems for me is my hormones!! Every month when that time comes around I seem to lose control, eat anything in sight, feel bad and give up! On the positive side, Ive figured this out so Im aware of whats likely to happen.

Yesterday I felt like I was starving all day, even though I spaced out my food through the day and eat foods which are more filling. When I got home, my husband and I had the evening to ourselves so he ordered take away... a lot of take away!! I eat far more than I should have and almost immediately after raided the cupboards for something sweet. My mind was saying no but my hormones were in the driving seat and clearly had other plans!! Ive spoken to my hubby this morning about the take away issue!

Luckily I didnt have much junk food in the house, but I was and still am really dissapointed with myself that I couldnt stop myself from over eating!

I have a weird thing about the texture of my food which unfortunately puts fruit and veg right off the menu, for now at least (mind I am working on it slowly), probably something to do with being brought up on processed food. This makes healthy snacking all the more difficult!!!

Are there any other women out there that have the same problem? How do you get through the surge of hormones without eating yourself to death?

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My PMS absolutely rages about a week or two during the month. I try to take vitamins during that time. I am probably wrong but I feel like my body craves what it needs and I try and supplement with vitamins to lessen the urges to binge. Even if it doesn't really work I think I've done a good job fooling my sub-conscience!