JUNE STARTERS ~ 10%

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
10%.... that seems like such a small number but its a BIG DEAL!!
Studies show that loosing just 10 % of your body weight reduces your chance of weight related health issues! So, what a great goal!!! 10%!!!! So, my goal (from the beginning of our June Starters group) weighing in at 230, would be to loose 23lbs! That will be my first 10% :smile: I am 10lbs into that, so I have 13lbs to go!!! :drinker:
So, here's a challenge. Lets loose 10% of our body weight!!!
Look at your starting weight from when you joined JUNE STARTERS. If you can't remember, your starting weight should be on the first weigh-in on the JUNE STARTERS website http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/ (your weight the first week of June)..... We want to know who the first JUNE STARTER will be to loose their first 10%....
Go ahead and use this thread and post where you are now.....

Replies

• s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    My starting weight was 130 so I need to lose 13 pounds. My goal is to lose 15 pounds so this is a great number. I'm at 4.5 pounds lost now so 8.5 left to go!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    So my goal will be 22.2 lbs I've lost 9 (was 14:sad: ) but by then I should fit back into my favorite jeans!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I never thought about that ... hmmm ... my start weight was 208.5 lbs. :huh: I need to lose 20.85 lbs. so lets just round it up to 21 lbs. to reach my 10% which would make it 187.5 lbs. As of my last Monday weigh in I weighed 191.5 lbs. which is 17 lbs. so far - so I need to lose 4 more pounds to reach the 10%.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Well my SW was 195 I need to lose 19.5 lbs (If i did the math right) todays weight is 178.5 so 2.5 more lbs and I got it!!!! I think, My brain has left for vacation so i could have done this wrong
  • uahorsegirl
    uahorsegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started in June as well. It was mid-June - I think. I'd have to go back an look but I started at 208lbs with a goal of 150 at the least. I've lost 5lbs as of today. 10% is good and for me that would be 20lbs. I'll push for that by September.

EDIT - Ok My start date was 6/22. That's when I found this site and started tracking. so 5lbs is a good start for me. But I know I have to do better. I looked back and my SW was 206 so I have only lost 3lbs but it is still a start.
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    I never thought about that ... hmmm ... my start weight was 208.5 lbs. :huh: I need to lose 20.85 lbs. so lets just round it up to 21 lbs. to reach my 10% which would make it 187.5 lbs. As of my last Monday weigh in I weighed 191.5 lbs. which is 17 lbs. so far - so I need to lose 4 more pounds to reach the 10%.

Wow! Only 4 more to go..that's great!
    Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    Options

Wow! Only 4 more to go..that's great!
    Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:

Well thank you kindly ... I just checked the spreadsheet and there are a couple of the group members who have already met or exceeded the 10% so I would like to send out a whoot whoot to them. :drinker:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    No wait! It's 3 lbs. For sure. lol If I lose 3 more lbs I'll have lost 10 %.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Awesome, ladies!!! This gives us a goal to aim for.... And for those of us who have A LOT to loose...When we hit our "first" 10%, we just recalculate and go for the second 10%. I think it chops it up nicely for us (: Good luck, JUNE STARTERS!!!!! :drinker:
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well my SW was 280 so that's 28lbs. 15lbs down and 8 more to go. Not bad.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Well my SW was 280 so that's 28lbs. 15lbs down and 8 more to go. Not bad.

:drinker: Awesome!!
  • kandyjo
    Options

You are just ROCKIN' this weight loss!!! :drinker:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yay, what a great topic! :flowerforyou:

Ok, so I started in Jan at 181, 10% would be 18.1- made that yay!

I started in June on MFP at 164, so that would be 16.4 lbs, and I have lost 5 lbs from then. So 11 ish to go!
    I really like this way of looking at losing the weight :love: gives us some mini goals that are totally reachable!

Keep up the great work :drinker:

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    My starting weight was 142, so I have to lose 14.2, and I've lost 7... half way there!!!

Congrats to all of you!! You're doing great!!!! :happy:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs 5% so I have 9 more lbs to go. If I lose 1 lb a week (I wish I can lose 2 lbs/week ), it will take me 2 months and 1 week.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Five pounds baby! Bring it on! (once I'm up and mobile again lol)

*seated booty shake* :bigsmile:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 180lbs so need to lose 18 for 10%
    Another 7lbs to go.
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    My start weight was 181, so I need to lose 18 pounds to lose 10%....I have lost 15 so I am almost there!
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Great idea!!! I started at 243 so my 10% goal is 218.7...i'll round it down to 218 so I need to lose 25 total and i've already gotten 16 down, so 9 more pounds to go!!!
  • magglett
    Options
    Good morning good morning ... well I did it ... I reached my 10% today ... so now for the new goal. I weighed in a 187.5 lbs this morning so 10% would be 18.75 lbs so lets go for 19 lbs. Have a great day all!!