My very first NSV!

Options
Squidgeypaws007
Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
Today I had my very first NSV (and I was new to this term till one of my lovely friends explained it to me).

Now, it might sound silly but if you bear in mind I have (had) lungs like a 50 yo smoker (and no, I don't smoke) I managed to cycle up the hill beside my house (which is pretty steep) without having to stop or feeling like I was going to keel over!

I've also not had to use my inhaler for about two weeks now! Yay!

Anyone else having some NSVs out there today? :)

Replies

• helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

ASM: My boss told me he was proud of me for signing up to run a 5k this fall and for losing the 22lbs so far! Also put on a pair of pants I havent been able to get into in a year and they are loose!!! YAY :) Such a great feeling these NSVs!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Awesome!!!

ASM: My boss told me he was proud of me for signing up to run a 5k this fall and for losing the 22lbs so far! Also put on a pair of pants I havent been able to get into in a year and they are loose!!! YAY :) Such a great feeling these NSVs!!

Whoop!! Well done you :-D Yeah fitting into old clothes is a great feeling (although sadly not one i've had yet this time round!)
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Tell me what is stands for--have seen it on here but never thought to ask. :blushing:
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! My NSV has been keeping to my plan of getting on the elliptical every other day for almost 2 weeks now. I was sidelined by a foot surgery and hadn't been working out. I was getting very upset at my appearence but now during these 2 weeks of working out my outlook is improving and I'm feeling better about myself. It feels good!

Keep up the good work!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • mrosem87
    mrosem87 Posts: 31
    Options
    Congrats to all of you!

I had my first NSV today, too. I had bought a dress last December for a holiday party. And when I went home to try it, it stubbornly wouldn't go up my pear-shaped body regardless of how much I fought, willed and prayed for it to (I know I should have tried it on at the store but I was in a super rush!). I meant to return it but before I knew it, I was past the refund policy. Anyway, I thought I'd try it on today because I had made it my goal to win my battle against it eventually...

... and IT FIT!! I honestly felt like I was in that Progresso soup commercial where the ladies were calling in with their own clothing victories. =)

Oh and NSV = Non-scale victory... I think.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Tell me what is stands for--have seen it on here but never thought to ask. :blushing:

Hehe, I had the same problem - an NSV is a non-scale victory, so, a milestone that you've not planned :)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Great Job!! My NSV has been keeping to my plan of getting on the elliptical every other day for almost 2 weeks now. I was sidelined by a foot surgery and hadn't been working out. I was getting very upset at my appearence but now during these 2 weeks of working out my outlook is improving and I'm feeling better about myself. It feels good!

Keep up the good work!!!

Oh, that is dedication :-D Well done!! Yeah it makes such a psychological difference too, well, for me (and you) just knowing you're doing something to change it all!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Congrats to all of you!

I had my first NSV today, too. I had bought a dress last December for a holiday party. And when I went home to try it, it stubbornly wouldn't go up my pear-shaped body regardless of how much I fought, willed and prayed for it to (I know I should have tried it on at the store but I was in a super rush!). I meant to return it but before I knew it, I was past the refund policy. Anyway, I thought I'd try it on today because I had made it my goal to win my battle against it eventually...

... and IT FIT!! I honestly felt like I was in that Progresso soup commercial where the ladies were calling in with their own clothing victories. =)

Oh and NSV = Non-scale victory... I think.

Ah I like this one :-D That must have been an amazing feeling!! well done!

And thank you everyone :) I was feeling a bit grumpy today but it's really made my day! :)
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    I like that NSV ! I had never heard that before, I am new to MFP, I have had some small accomplishments along the way, but never knew they had a name,
    Good for you! How exciting! I just LOVE hearing those stories!
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My first NSV wass going to walmart and wanting nothing but string cheese, bananas, graapefruits and romaine lettauce.

My second is no more heartburn

My third is no more inhaler
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yaaay Squidgey! :D *supports all over the place
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Congrats! And thanks for introducing me to a new "term" NSV. Glad you beat the hill! I guess my NSV is picking up my pace on walks. I'm tracking it with Endomondo, and am pretty regularly beating 3 mph now. On to 3.5!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    My first NSV wass going to walmart and wanting nothing but string cheese, bananas, graapefruits and romaine lettauce.

My second is no more heartburn

My third is no more inhaler

Congrats! And thanks for introducing me to a new "term" NSV. Glad you beat the hill! I guess my NSV is picking up my pace on walks. I'm tracking it with Endomondo, and am pretty regularly beating 3 mph now. On to 3.5!

Nice work guys!! Well done :-D Banning the inhaler is such an awesome feeling, and well done Balice! You'll be gliding along before you even notice it :-D
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    And lol Heath thanks :-D

And yeah Bluekat, I had little things but it's really nice having a term for them now!! :-D A little something to celebrate :)
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    what is NSV? i've been trying to work it out for weeks now! haha!! :D
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! I do love these little victories along the way. Yesterday, I was feeling pretty down due to the scale going up after a week instead of down (I had worked so hard!). When I got to work my 2 co-workers that sit next to me said to each other: "She looks so small today, huh?" then looked at me and said yeah, skinny minnie! That made my day because I was on the frustrated side... so it helps us to keep on trucking! Good job, everyone :flowerforyou:
  • sampa91
    sampa91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had a very cool NSV today! I have never be enable to fit into jeans and trousers from stores like Dotti, Cotton On, Temt and Valleygirl where they only went up to a size 14 so I ALWAYS found it hard to find clothes that were in fashion in my size :( but today I tried on the size 14 and they fit perfectly ! I was so excited, first time in my life I could go in and walk out with a pair of jeans and a smile :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!