Any ideas for keeping food warm.?

Options
I need some ideas for keeping food warm as I eat. I am all for chewing your food slow , but by the time I have eaten a few bites the food is cold. Like this morning I had fixed sauteed onions ,green peppers and egg, after a couple of bites the rest was cold and I like my food hot. Any ideas?

Replies

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas for keeping food warm as I eat. I am all for chewing your food slow , but by the time I have eaten a few bites the food is cold. Like this morning I had fixed sauteed onions ,green peppers and egg, after a couple of bites the rest was cold and I like my food hot. Any ideas?
  • Shelladam
    Options
    I'm in the UK. I always heat my plates with a couple of minutes in the oven.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    yeah, or run it under the hot tap, or fill it with boiling water for a minute or so.

One of this lid things over the plate?

microwave it halfway though ...

na thats it, i'm done...

Al
    :flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Aunt Karen--I'm glad you brought this up, because I have the same problem. No one on that Patrick McKenna ("I Can Make You Thin") show ever mentions that! I like the idea of heating the plate up, I'll have to try that. But it's the same problem with cold cereal, except that it gets soggy. I'm not a fan of soggy cereal, to say the least!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Aunt Karen--I'm glad you brought this up, because I have the same problem. No one on that Patrick McKenna ("I Can Make You Thin") show ever mentions that! I like the idea of heating the plate up, I'll have to try that. But it's the same problem with cold cereal, except that it gets soggy. I'm not a fan of soggy cereal, to say the least!

Maybe have your set amount of milk in one bowl and your cereal in another and then place small amounts of the cereal in the milk at a time and once you've finshed what's in the bowl with milk then add some more cereal so that it's not soggy.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas,:happy: I'll try heating the plate and see if the food stays warmer longer
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Okay, this is going to sound crazy but in the baby section of Walmart you can buy a toddler plate that has a separate chamber underneath the plate that can be filled with boiling water to keep the food hot. I know it seems silly, but it is definately one way to keep the food warm and since it's a toddler size plate you will feel like you are getting so much more food. :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    WHy don't you just take 1/2 portions and leave the other half on the stove top or in the pan to stay warm. Then when you finish your 1/2, go back for the other 1/2?