New since July 3

Winnie45
Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I've been using this site since July third but was losing a little weight on my own for a few weeks prior to that. It is sooo much easier and more inspiring with MFP. :heart:

At first, I was a little worried because I had many days that ended with a few negative calories, but overall I have lost 3 pounds in this short time. I even checked with the grocery store manager about the accuracy of their scale since I weigh myself there on weekly shopping trips! I always weigh on the way in and the way out too just because it makes me feel so good!

I really like that you can put in food choices ahead of time. More than once I've changed plans after seeing what a particular meal would do to my daily total!

Great site and wonderful peeps here! Thanks MFP!!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone!

I've been using this site since July third but was losing a little weight on my own for a few weeks prior to that. It is sooo much easier and more inspiring with MFP. :heart:

At first, I was a little worried because I had many days that ended with a few negative calories, but overall I have lost 3 pounds in this short time. I even checked with the grocery store manager about the accuracy of their scale since I weigh myself there on weekly shopping trips! I always weigh on the way in and the way out too just because it makes me feel so good!

I really like that you can put in food choices ahead of time. More than once I've changed plans after seeing what a particular meal would do to my daily total!

Great site and wonderful peeps here! Thanks MFP!!

Hi Winnie, and welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    Yes, it IS MUCH better to put your food choices in ahead of time, as it DOES make for better food choices most of the time! I'm forever recommending that to all the newbies!
    Seems like you've already discovered that MFP is just fantastic! :love: I can't say enough good about it! :love: It really, really, DOES work! :happy:
  • brandifry
    brandifry Posts: 12 Member
    I started July 3rd as well, and have lost 2.5 lbs in two weeks!! So GO US! Keep up the good work!
  • Nanpoodle
    Nanpoodle Posts: 41 Member
    Hi Winnie,

I really started my healthy eating too around July 4th of this year when I finally got on the scale for the first time in months, and was horrified. A shoulder/neck injury left me lazy and now, no excuses. The calorie counter on this website is the BEST and lots of friendly people too.:flowerforyou: I have lost 3.5 pounds since July 4th and plan to lose 1.5 pounds per week to reach my goal by Sept. 14th or so. It seems like so much time, but we must be patient to keep it off this time. WELCOME Winnie!
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks BrenNew!

And, thank you too, brandifry and ChanteBien! We “July Starters” are really doing well. It is so encouraging to see results for your efforts! I look forward to following your progress in the other threads. :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.