lovehandkes & inner thighs

Options
HELLO ALL!!!!! My problem areas include the above mentioned....any suggestions on how to target them????

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can't... No such thing as spot reducing or targeting certain areas.

Just do cardio, lift heavy and the fat will come off.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I was able to get rid of my love handles when I was running. Stopped running and have lovehandles again... Inner thighs well that fat ain't budging... Lower your body fat % and lift heavy weights and just maybe it'll come off...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I agree, you can't target specific areas but you can tone them which will make them look less obvious.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    ^False...strength straining/conditioning! As far as cardio, running has helped me lose weight all over. BUT, my stomach is still my problem area. For inner thighs, some gyms have some machines that specifically target your thigh area. LOVE them! If not, squats have done wonders for me. As far as love handles go, there are some crunches you can do, but primarily cardio has helped with that.
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    ^ sad but true!

I'm doing a lot of cardio and running as much as I can, weight & fitness level permitting, and am slowly seeing a reduction in mine. I think it's really just a matter of getting your BF down and your lean mass up. Core exercises will help, but definitely not without being in conjunction with cardio and fat loss.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I agree about spot reducing, it's not possible, however, where you put weight on last is where is come off first. My last place is the love handles. 30DS removed about 6 inches off my middle, no more love handles. SWEET! My wait is now tiny. A pity my *kitten* is the size of the grand canyon LOL

Thighs are the first place my fat goes, so I've seen a gradual reduction as my body fat % drops.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    ^False...strength straining/conditioning! As far as cardio, running has helped me lose weight all over. BUT, my stomach is still my problem area. For inner thighs, some gyms have some machines that specifically target your thigh area. LOVE them! If not, squats have done wonders for me. As far as love handles go, there are some crunches you can do, but primarily cardio has helped with that.

You can "target" those spots all you want, but when it comes down to it, lowering your overall BF% is key. Unfortunately, the midsection and the thighs are the last places women lose fat. Myself included. I've been reading up on "marathon running" which is running at a steady pace nonstop for at least 45 mins 4-5 times a week. laststopfatloss.com has great info on this and a lot of other things. Good luck!
  • CSO313
    CSO313 Posts: 6
    Options
    It's all FALSE!!!!! There are only specific areas to which you can tone.... There is "NOT" I repeat "NOT" and exercises that you can do to take fat off of specific areas..... Your body will do what it's going to do and that is it.... Those areas will shrink with time and diet, but there is no miracle exercises....