Refined sugar and carbohydrates: HELP!!

Options
Hey..can anyone help me? I am trying to compile a list of refined sugars and carbs so that I can avoid them. However, I am having some difficulty as the "science" behind it all is a bit much for my therapist mentality..lol...:) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    things that say "high fructose corn syrup" , "enriched" or "bleached" flours.
    These are the 2 biggies
  • sjstill
    sjstill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything that is not whole grain, think whole wheat flour, oatmeal, barley, and unprocessed. Fructose & high fructose syrups. White rice. Most baked goods, especially if store/bakery bought (think cakes, donuts, or other baked goods). Most fruit juices are also high in sugar, your best bet it to eat the whole fruit. And dried fruits (craisins, raisins, apples, dates, etc.). When it comes to fruit, it is always best to eat the fruit in its natural state.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    OMG%252BBLACK%252BGUY.gif
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options

eewww!:noway: that is what my kids look like after a bowl of fruity pebbles. Kind Of:wink:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

looks like the guy I saw at the grocery store with an armload of doughnut boxes and 2 gallons of ice cream dropping stuff as he was scratching at his arms and talking to himself about how bad he needed some sugar. Wait, this guy was a Meth head, sorry can't blame the sugar this time.... or can we?
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Is today gif only day?!?! lol